Are you obsessed with anything?

Shoot the shit, and talk about whatever here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

free pwny ridez!

Are you obsessed with anything?

Postby producer_snafu » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:48 am

i'm the type of person that if i like something, i love it.
i'm a passionate person when it comes to the things i like.

after looking into my Bipolar (type 2) diagnosis, i did some research and found that having obsessions with things is a symptom.

it makes sense now, i always just felt like i loved things soo much and i wanted other people to share the same passion that i felt through the things i love, but nope, turns out i'm just bipolar.

but i wanted to know if there are things you obsess over.

for me, it's music, musicians, sound design, dnb production, collecting break samples, art, the virgin mary (even though i'm agnostic, i think it might just be because i'm mexican) girls, instagram, reddit pinterest, the aphex forum, hearts, science, indie cinema, weed, shopping on ebay for things that cost 5 bucks, cute things, clouds, space, nebulas, astronauts, asmr and the list goes on.

these are the things that keep me occupied and not bored, being interested in things is interesting to me, i rarely meet people that get excited like i do about clouds, would be nice, i suppose i could go to some kind of convention.

wuddabout yew?
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

Platinum Poster!
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 1 votes

Re: Are you obsessed with anything?

Postby Feutus Lapdance » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:56 am

Surreal movies, Manga, Music, Feminism VS MRA, coming closer to defining GOD, finding flaws in Stefan Molyneux anarchistic utopia..... and my unborn son. Also I love the Idea that I can program my mind to the point where I have full control over my life.

I used to love Warhammer 40k.... it became to expensive, needed more money to buy new records.

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:24 am

Nice, Man, thanks for the reply, it's nice to know that someone else has passions.
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:25 pm

Feutus Lapdance wrote:Surreal movies, Manga, Music, Feminism VS MRA, coming closer to defining GOD, finding flaws in Stefan Molyneux anarchistic utopia..... and my unborn son. Also I love the Idea that I can program my mind to the point where I have full control over my life.

I used to love Warhammer 40k.... it became to expensive, needed more money to buy new records.

Nice you sound like me haha. Love surreal movies, and movies in general. I like Kurosawa, Tarkovski, Hitchcock, Cronenberg (:D obviously )and many more directors. Like feminism vs MRA and watching atheism vs believe debates.

Also had a fondness of warhammer 40k in my youth, still have large army's hidden somewhere beneath my bed haha. But as you said, an expensive hobby, and doesn't interest me as much as it did. Still bought all warhammer 40k related PC games. (Dawn of war, DoW 2 and more i cant remember) I would love if they brought out a sick 40k like RPG, with fallout 2 like interface and turn based mechanism, i would be losing hours on end if i ever had so much time again.

Also love strategy games civilizations series, played age of empires 2 rigorously for like 3-4 hours a day a year back. (For about a year or so) But then lost interest as fast as it came.

I become passionate with a subject where i research things for months on end. Like when i started exercising researched food intake, training schemes and really went quite far with training in general. My obsession for exercising really took a good 6 years of my life. I ate 7 meals a day, ate tuna or white fish before bed, rigorously counted my calories en calculated everything, never skipping a day.

I can become very interested in a subject and lose much of my time in it, whenever i found it interesting enough. (It bordered on being obsessive disorder haha)

These interests can disappear as quickly as they came though. So i would find something new like the effects of supplements on brain functioning and have been reading for a few years about it now, i will go trough great lengths seeking scientific papers cross referencing everything and it doesn't even have even the remotest to do what i do for school and work. (IT)

I can lose myself for hours a day on stuff i find interesting, but again these interests can disappear as fast as they came about. :?

Sadly don't have much free time any more, due to my thesis and work. I would love to reinvigorate the passion i had for making music again. Breakforceone really sparked that interest again with me a year or so back. But i would love to just find the old passion i have for it again. I have been in a semi writers block for like 8 years now, lol.

producer_snafu wrote:i'm the type of person that if i like something, i love it.
i'm a passionate person when it comes to the things i like.

after looking into my Bipolar (type 2) diagnosis, i did some research and found that having obsessions with things is a symptom.

it makes sense now, i always just felt like i loved things soo much and i wanted other people to share the same passion that i felt through the things i love, but nope, turns out i'm just bipolar.

but i wanted to know if there are things you obsess over.

for me, it's music, musicians, sound design, dnb production, collecting break samples, art, the virgin mary (even though i'm agnostic, i think it might just be because i'm mexican) girls, instagram, reddit pinterest, the aphex forum, hearts, science, indie cinema, weed, shopping on ebay for things that cost 5 bucks, cute things, clouds, space, nebulas, astronauts, asmr and the list goes on.

these are the things that keep me occupied and not bored, being interested in things is interesting to me, i rarely meet people that get excited like i do about clouds, would be nice, i suppose i could go to some kind of convention.

wuddabout yew?

I have severe ADHD and although it's just a label given that might be given out too much i know a lot of my interest and the subsequent loss of the interest can be a symptom of it.

I love people that have passions as well. It's nice to read about how people can be really passionate about a subject that might not interest me, but for them it means a great deal. I like reading about it and seeing other peoples passions.

Didn't you have a cool video with clouds on youtube once? I remember seeing it, it was a nice track and although i dont remember it completely i know the clip featured extensive clouds. :D

CoreCore Member

Postby rk9 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:53 pm

Horror samples and effects while being scared as shit by horror movies and too scared to watch it then really obessessing with watching it with someone I would like to date so I can hide behind her.. idk pretty weird.

PANDAS
JUST PANDAS OKAY I ADMIT IT I AM A PANDA ADDICT
I am exactly am one

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:26 pm

Your both occasion and black, fat, sitting all day chewing stuff? :0

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Ive seen those before. Just never ever one panda like this made breakcore...

CoreCore Member

Postby rk9 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:27 pm

verdroid wrote:Ive seen those before. Just never ever one panda like this made breakcore...

haha I eat a lot tho indeed but I am not that fat it's not a health risc but it isn't healthy either.

This is really DnB ish tho

Platinum Poster!
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 1 votes

Postby Feutus Lapdance » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:00 pm

Break Rapist
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 3 votes

Postby BreakforceOne » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Feutus Lapdance wrote:Image

now its too late for dat lapdance innit?
hehe congrats again, make him one of us :3
https://www.facebook.com/BreakforceOne || https://soundcloud.com/breakforce-one

I am a Admin. Kneel before me!

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:06 pm

[quote="Feutus Lapdance"][/quote]
Congratz brother! :AThumbsUp :AThumbsUp

Return to General