The Best Drummachine?

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Elite!

Re: The Best Drummachine?

Postby ohmega sir » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:44 pm

anybody used the rhythm wolf? its pretty cheap ive been looking at getting one recently, ive been using a volcabeats one of my friends has hooked up thro his modular can get some really interesting and weird stuff with it
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:59 pm

No didnt use that one yet. Not jumping to buy it either. Heard any good sounds from it? Thats the point

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:49 am

verdroid wrote:No didnt use that one yet. Not jumping to buy it either. Heard any good sounds from it? Thats the point

yeah man ive heard some pretty cool shit with it, mainly electroy house stuff but i can see alot of potential for making some hard shit with it, looks like it has pretty nice bit reduction on some of its modules, seems pretty easy to program too which is cool cos i like to create pretty hardl but simple loops and run them through effects and processors, so to be able to modify the loop easily is a handy feature for me, but having worked with a few people everybody uses thing differently
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:57 pm

Sounds great :-)
Buy it! And please make a video. We need more hardware core music on youtube anyway

Postby Iron Attorney » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:25 pm

Cool! The sites running again!

Since my last post I have bought and sold a few pieces of kit. I bought a DSI tempest recently. I can honestly say it is awesome! Wasnt sure about the 6 voices and lack of effects, but I was pleasantly surprised with what it can do! So much so I've sold my Machinedrum. Not entirely sure I should of done that still, the Machinedrum is awesome at what it does too, but I figured I'd pick up an Octatrack at some point which should complement the tempest better.

The tempest can do breakcore if you get the drum sounds right, which you can. Its really really good at IDM as well. Its main asset in these realms is the ability to seamlessly switch between beats in an unquantised fashion. You have 16 beats mode which means the 16 pads switch between beats and so you can continually mash up between the 16 beats (which as I said can be unquantised). It always stays in time while you do this. While this is going on you can use the fx sliders and almost all the front panel controls to mangle the sound. Its beautiful! If you have tge money its well worth the hefty price tag in my opinion!

If I get time, I'll upload and link some sound clips

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:54 pm

that would be nice (the uploaded video)

Postby SideshowKenny » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:17 pm

I still love my EM1. Drums and two synth parts. I recently have been getting into finger drumming on my Kontrol F1. Also when you sign up at Dj tech tools you get free sound packs every week! BOOM!

Average track rating:
2.0/5 out of 1 votes

Postby thanatos » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:09 pm

the analog rytm of elecktron seems pretty cool with overdrive sample, analog synh

i've just got a electribe 2 and you can make some crazy breakcore with it. the key is to use the punch effect and limiter

Supah No0b

Postby floodcomics » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:03 pm

I got the Volca Beats, MFB 522 and a Boss DR-550 MKii.
Volca is easiest to control on the fly and most fun, but sounds a bit weak some times.
522 has the fattest sound and best sequencer, but is a bit of a chore to program.
Never really bother with the DR-550, I should really show it some more love.

Previous

Return to Hardware