What programs do you use?

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb

Postby amph » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:26 pm

i use a combination of renoise, and ableton 6 ( the best combination for the breakcore flavour!!!!!) reorder the amens and the sounds-glitches in renoise, export to wav,put in ableton and make a collage with this wavs and put the basslines,the melodies....try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supah No0b

Postby drfyad » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:11 am

Reaktor 5.
I started learning the program this time last year, and am now about 90% finished building a custom (nearly all homebrewed) ensemble that lets me improvise live breakcore a la exile.

Reaktor 5 is by far the best package i've ever used because you can do ANYTHING you want with it, and once you've got the hang of it it's ALOT of fun.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:25 am

drfyad wrote:Reaktor 5.
I started learning the program this time last year, and am now about 90% finished building a custom (nearly all homebrewed) ensemble that lets me improvise live breakcore a la exile.

Reaktor 5 is by far the best package i've ever used because you can do ANYTHING you want with it, and once you've got the hang of it it's ALOT of fun.

I want more than anything to have Tim Exile's live set up! I'm starting with the basics but my intention is to work my way up to Reaktor 5. I saw a video of Exile demoing it on the Native Instruments site and I instantly fell in love with it.

Hardcore Member

Postby deathmash » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:08 am

fruity loops & Ableton live i think ive already posted in here o well :P

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:56 pm

drfyad wrote:Reaktor 5.

Nice, I'd like to see/hear some of your work. I was using REAKTOR 3 for the longest time and loved it. Since my main computer is crashed I may have to get REAKTOR 5 once I get a new laptop ...then I'll be able to perform a bit and have fun. I mainly ran REAKTOR as a vst in ableton which works great also.

Supah No0b

Postby drfyad » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:48 pm

rtificial wrote:Nice, I'd like to see/hear some of your work. I was using REAKTOR 3 for the longest time and loved it. Since my main computer is crashed I may have to get REAKTOR 5 once I get a new laptop ...then I'll be able to perform a bit and have fun. I mainly ran REAKTOR as a vst in ableton which works great also.

I've used Reaktor 4 and Reaktor 5, Exile has released a (heavily cut down) version of his patch for reaktor 5 with just the 'beat typing' stuff (One of the things i did to help me familiarize myself with R5's "Core Technology" was backport exiles 'micro keymasher' to reaktor 4). It's all i can see myself needing to make any sorta electronic music for a long time.
I will probably post up either a stream link or an mp3 of stuff i've done (or stuff i'm doing live if its a stream) using my ensemble in a week or two (i'm leaving the country tonight so i wont have access to my computer for a week or so).

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby fap* » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:08 pm

drfyad wrote:Exile has released a (heavily cut down) version of his patch for reaktor 5

is there a link to the patch?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::fap*:::::

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 pm

Supah No0b

Postby sickfile » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:56 pm

i started with fl 5 years ago! now im going to check out ableton live if this works better.....

but fl is really kool

Supah No0b

Postby MDMA » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:57 pm

FL6, Modplug Tracker, Audacity, etc.

n3wb

EXILE KEYMASHER

Postby arcaneparadox » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:33 am

Just search the native instruments site, its call the KEYMASHER there is also a video, which is badass

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:50 pm

just renoise and its built-in effects.

have not tried any other types of sequencer

Supah No0b

Postby Blastopore » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:29 pm

I downloaded a demo of Reactor 5 and spent the entire trial trying to figure out how to produce ANY sound. I failed miserably...

I got FL7 and was shocked at how cheap it was, then I found out that almost all of the plug-ins are demos so any original samples to make with them cannot be saved.

I really want to try Ableton, Cubase and Renoise, but I don't have that kind of coin at the moment and I fear demo downloads would end much like Reaktor 5.

blah.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby fap* » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:28 am

i think the demo of LIVE is full function except...cant save and limited midi/tracks

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::fap*:::::

Supah No0b

Postby zehl freebass » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:45 am

FRUITYLOOPS NIGGAZ

SINCE 1998

PreviousNext

Return to Software