ANYONE KNOW WHAT DRUM SAMPLE THIS IS?!?!

Post links, share files, discuss miscellaneous samples. All things samples

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Supah No0b

ANYONE KNOW WHAT DRUM SAMPLE THIS IS?!?!

Postby Yellow Then Blue » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:08 pm

i have no idea what this drum sample is but i think its awesome and i must have it. ive looked all over the internet looking for something that sounds like it but i cant seem to find the source. i hear it all over the place and im sure its a classic sample but who knows. there are two examples of the samples use in songs in the player below. anyone have any ideas?

click below
what is this sample

its an mp3... chill

CoreCore Member

Postby Dr. Bastardo » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:25 pm

Yo, thats about a million things at once!
I can't remember what that main break is called. I think its a JB break thats been massively EQ'd and compressed. Its the break off the helecopter tune I think.
Also there is an amen in there for sure, think, the worm, and maybe a couple of other breaks in there as well. There are also some single hits doubling up most hits i think. Everything is processed to fuck so its hard to tell exactly. Really nice programming. It stinks of NI. Proper Reaktor-core shit!
What is the tune? It sounds wicked.
www.myspace.com/drbastardo
"Death To All False Rave" Out Now!
Peace Off Ltd 22

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:01 am

nice tunes, who is it? idm-tip.

yeah, there's a lead break... i recognise it but dunno what it's called. There's definitely an amen and also I heard some of the 'think' break in the first clip. hmmm possibly even 'funky drummer' mixed in there too.

the 2nd clip is mostly the amen break mixed with a few random snares and a nice clean kick.

what is that like 250bpm? i can smell those slice'n'dice beat plugins a mile off though :p

Supah No0b

Postby Yellow Then Blue » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:47 am

there are a few different ones in there but the main break is the one im after. the one from the second track is basically all this break. the first one just has pieces of it with different eq. i realize that theres been massive changes to the sound but like the "amen", you can always tell what it is no matter how much its been changed. i honestly dont think the main beat is from amen samples. these are two different artists and the two breaks are too close for it to be coincidence. i have to get my hands on that vinyl.

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:56 pm

I think I have them breaks banging around my HD some where. Goldie and a lot of the old school jungle guys used to sample that main break in the first song alot. I remember hearing that break on his timeless album the saint angel track. I think they call it the machine II break. Its from Paris - "Make Way For The Panther

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:09 pm

Yellow Then Blue wrote: i honestly dont think the main beat is from amen samples. these are two different artists and the two breaks are too close for it to be coincidence. i have to get my hands on that vinyl.

trust me mate, that 2nd clip is mostly the amen break sliced up to fuck mixed with some other random snares/kicks.

who were the two artists? I really like that sound and wanna hear some more from them. Or what vinyl is it you're talking about?

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:06 pm

yeah the second is all amen, just really short slices of it. sick stuff, whoever it is

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:15 pm

God damnit, I knew I'd never hear from that guy again (the original poster).

You fancy telling us who made those tracks mate? Since I spent time downloading your clip and replying (twice).

cheers

Supah No0b

Postby Yellow Then Blue » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:29 pm

ok ok ok. geez... the first clip was made by my friend tom (wii mote + dreadlocks youtube star) and his friend carl brown. the second one was a clip from a gareth clarke track. by the way i did some digging around and i figured out what the clip was. its called sesame street, helicopter, machine 2, paris... one of those. i first found it on a track called paris - make way for a panther. but that was dj shadow sampling blowfly from the record "on tv." anyway, im sure because i got the sample and made a beat that sounded identical to the gareth clarke track. so there you go. thanks people for all the help. figured this would be the place to do it.

<shameless plug - listen to my music "yellow then blue" (please) and let me know what you guys think. end shameless plug/>

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:38 pm

ok ta for the info, eventually..

that second clip is still an amen though ... sorry!

Supah No0b

Postby Yellow Then Blue » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:45 pm

i listened to your stuff and clearly youve got the ear for speed so ill take your word for it.

Supah No0b

Postby Yellow Then Blue » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:54 pm

http://www.myspace.com/rapidelectronicssmith

this is the myspace to tom and carls page

enjoy

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Yellow Then Blue wrote:http://www.myspace.com/rapidelectronicssmith

this is the myspace to tom and carls page

enjoy

ahh cheers.

safe as :)