what about mixes?

What is this site missing?

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

N0oO0obZoR

what about mixes?

Postby misterjoker » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:07 am

you post users/artist trax all over the web, what about mixes?
In the artist section you should be able to upload zip or rar files. I have mp3 in zip files. with doc (tracklist).

Lord!

Postby JohnMerrik » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:18 am

the problem with zip files is that they can easily contain files with bad/corrupt/infected data. mp3 files make life a whole lot easier.

Also mixes tend to be rather large files, as of now, I don't think I have the bandwidth to do both.

On the artist page, you can use basic html < a> < b> < br> etc you could easily link to them in the notes section.
I don't need a fucking signature... WolfMerrik.com

N0oO0obZoR

Postby misterjoker » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:30 pm

yes I understand, but you will accept the file if it's good or not and from trusted users only. Also why do you let people upload to your server? They should get their own server and upload their own mixes to your site as a url. I think you should also have a system when someone adds an mp3 or zip or any files such as they do on speedcore.ca, you should have a button that says "click here to report invalid file" or something such as that. So for example if someone were to upload something from their site and in a year or so it gets deleted other users can tell you that by clicking on a button and you can check that later. Understand?

Lord!

Postby JohnMerrik » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:17 pm

I give people the option to either host it themselves, or upload up to 8MB onto this site. I figuere if people want to add larger tracks, mixes, they can direct link to the Mp3s.

I was thinking about maybe making a live set stream/download. But they would still have to be properly named mp3 files. (i was thinking of making something else for tracklisting) As for uploading, and hosting them. Thats something I am going to have to work on another time. Perhaps maybe a differnt site.

I do actually have it so users can report borken Downloads/Tracks.

And I do have a section in the downloads, where users can add links to there mixes/livesets Here
Artist can for now, post the link to there download (or a direct download) in the notes section. same thing with release downlaods etc.

For the time being however. I dont think I am going to have the sets list up for a week or so.

thanks man.
I don't need a fucking signature... WolfMerrik.com

Return to Suggestions