Fo ShO! Helpful..
100%
What? No! That kills the magic!
No votes

Total votes : 3
n0Ob

Individual Sample Libraries

Postby StaticQuo » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:39 pm

I have a question for anyone and everyone who makes electronic music (breakcore, hard techno, trance, gabber, idm...uh, let's see, glitchcore? flintstones-core, uh... fraggle-core...?)

I have built up a beefy loop library for over 5 years... I have sampled all sorts of miscellaneous bullshit, and I know some of my samples are common, but some are definitely more uncommon... I know there are alot of musicians and producers who have also built up beefy collections, and I wonder if some kind of message board (either with links ON this site or possibly a site all it's own) dedicated to personalized sample libraries.

Think about it: Bong-ra puts up his samples, and/or lists the songs he samples...
or Venetian Snares...
or Kraftwerk, even. (I remember downloading a 'kraftwerk sample library' a LOOONG time ago... about 30 clicks and boops..)

Do you think this kind of open-ness as to the inner workings of an individual musician's work would be a good thing? or do you think it should be more secretive and elusive, magical, etc?

Thanks! Any ideas or comments appreciated!

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:22 pm

I Would Love To Take Your Sample Pack....
I've Made Some Sample Packs Before But Haven't Given Them Out.
Although Two Of My Close Friends Have A Copy Of My Complete Setup (Vst's, Samples, etc.)
Sharing Samples Is Rad.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:15 pm

I think it's a great idea. I love to see how musicians put together music almost as much as I like hearing it. I know Tim Exile released most of his sample pack from his Pro Agonist album.

Return to Suggestions