Song voting

What is this site missing?

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Elite!

Song voting

Postby weyheyhey !! » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:03 am

any chance of an option to disable voting when you upload a track?

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:05 pm

Do you mean, when you are competing, you should not be able to vote?, that seems a lot more fair i think.

JM probably knows if that is possible.

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:27 pm

no no, nothing to do with your contests.

Just when you upload a track as an "artist"....

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:26 pm

weyheyhey !! wrote:no no, nothing to do with your contests.

Just when you upload a track as an "artist"....

Oh ok, yes you mean cant vote on own song, i dont know any kind of programming, but i believe it should be possible to block the ip that uploaded the track from voting?

You are a programmer so you should now if its possible.

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:40 am

haha nooooooooooooooo !! I need to explain it better :p

I mean: when I upload a track, I don't want people to be able to vote for it. i.e. I don't want it rated out of 10. I think there should be the option.................

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:34 pm

Hahahah, lol, a well i dont know :lol: , why would you want that btw, your tracks will prob be rated high anyways :twisted:

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:24 pm

hah thanks :p

but I just don't like the idea of it...tbh, I don't even know why it's there. it's just not very useful information. If my track gets scored 7/10 - what does that mean exactly...?

If someone makes a song and considers it "finished", in their eyes it should be 10/10. Why would you make and then release something that's not exactly the way you want it to be?

I can't imagine ever having my music marked by people, thinking "crap, it's not 10/10 I must have done something wrong" and then going back and changing it.

Naaaah!

It's the only reason I don't upload my tracks to this website.

However it does makes sense for a contest, because there is an objective. Something to measure it against.

p.s. great avatar!

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:26 pm

that would be cool, but i think the point of this forum is having people give you feedback, even if they hate on your stuff. i usually dont rate tracks because one day i will really be into something, and the other day i will hate it.

i think the contest voting should be the way it was before, where you only had one vote to give to the submission you liked the best. the rating thing can easily be skewed, for example, if someone gave a track a 1 and threw the whole average off. speaking of which, i should really get started on that crunk track...

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:52 pm

HORSE FORCE wrote:that would be cool, but i think the point of this forum is having people give you feedback, even if they hate on your stuff.

yeah guess so. Though I just put mine up to share, not for feedback. Wrong site for that I suppose!.......... I do think the voting should be optional though, no harm in that is there?

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:00 am

yeah i understand what youre saying. it just seems weird that someone who makes such good tracks wouldnt want them rated by people :lol:

Lord!

Postby JohnMerrik » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:40 am

Hmmm. Ill post a poll about this in a bit. wouldn't be the biggest pain to add. would be annoying, only because of how many lines of code are using the old format for the db of the tracks... maybe i could add a do-not-vote list as a separate db.

Although I do like the whole concept of : If you don't want to know what people think of it... don't make it public.
I don't need a fucking signature... WolfMerrik.com

Return to Suggestions