Suggestion: Mixcloud

What can be improved upon at this site?

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

Suggestion: Mixcloud

Postby rk9 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:03 am

So besides soundcloud & youtube. MixCloud would be a nice add to this forum.

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Re: Suggestion: Mixcloud

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:41 pm

rk9 wrote:So besides soundcloud & youtube. MixCloud would be a nice add to this forum.

Yeah sounds like a cool idea. Maybe we could make a subforum for it! Nice idea. :)

n3wb
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 3 votes

Postby Tempore » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:38 am

I've seen some people posting mixes in the 'User Tracks' subforum - that subforum could become a place for both mixes and tracks rather creating more subforums? Label it 'User Tracks & Mixes" and have a rule or selection box for the post that prepends or appends the topic title with '[mix]' or '[track]'..... up to you?

But yeah, having a Mixcloud embed feature as rk9 suggests would be cool.
Production / Sets : Soundcloud

/ Hodgepodge /

--**--**--
HODGEPODGE HALLOWEEN SPOOKTACULAR 2 :: Slipmatt // Ruby My Dear // Sickboy // Ghost // DJ Detweiler b2b Armand Van Hard On + many more! 30.10.15 @ Black Swan, Bristol, UK
--**--**--

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Tempore wrote:I've seen some people posting mixes in the 'User Tracks' subforum - that subforum could become a place for both mixes and tracks rather creating more subforums? Label it 'User Tracks & Mixes" and have a rule or selection box for the post that prepends or appends the topic title with '[mix]' or '[track]'..... up to you?

Yeah me and ninja cheese were thinking about something like that. Appending something in front of it. We considered doing it with the genre so we could filter that way. But then we had to start internship haha, And now we dont have much time anymore.

But i dont know, i will try to work as much as i can on the site. It's nice cause in my thesis im also programming in php so it's nice to have the forum in the same language and not switch between syntax all the time.

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Tempore wrote:I've seen some people posting mixes in the 'User Tracks' subforum - that subforum could become a place for both mixes and tracks rather creating more subforums? Label it 'User Tracks & Mixes" and have a rule or selection box for the post that prepends or appends the topic title with '[mix]' or '[track]'..... up to you?

Yeah me and ninja cheese were thinking about something like that. Appending something in front of it. We considered doing it with the genre so we could filter that way. But then we had to start internship haha, And now we dont have much time anymore.

But i dont know, i will try to work as much as i can on the site. It's nice cause in my thesis im also programming in php so it's nice to have the forum in the same language and not switch between syntax all the time.

n3wb
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 3 votes

Postby Tempore » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:32 am

I know how it is with having great and many ideas that suddenly have to be put on the back burner because of work/study related things getting intense.

That is a bonus! I too am a programmer - you know the phrase 'jack of all trades, master of none'? Well it can feel like that sometimes because for my dissertation I was using Java, before that I was using C++, then after uni I got into web dev and started using/hacking away at that stuff and now, whilst maintaining two projects written in VBA, I've just started a major project in C. It can be frustrating sometimes to never to get know something inside out.
Production / Sets : Soundcloud

/ Hodgepodge /

--**--**--
HODGEPODGE HALLOWEEN SPOOKTACULAR 2 :: Slipmatt // Ruby My Dear // Sickboy // Ghost // DJ Detweiler b2b Armand Van Hard On + many more! 30.10.15 @ Black Swan, Bristol, UK
--**--**--

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:15 pm

Tempore wrote:I know how it is with having great and many ideas that suddenly have to be put on the back burner because of work/study related things getting intense.

That is a bonus! I too am a programmer - you know the phrase 'jack of all trades, master of none'? Well it can feel like that sometimes because for my dissertation I was using Java, before that I was using C++, then after uni I got into web dev and started using/hacking away at that stuff and now, whilst maintaining two projects written in VBA, I've just started a major project in C. It can be frustrating sometimes to never to get know something inside out.

Yeah man, glad you can relate. I learned a lot of languages as well during my education, intern ships and just general side work. But yeah a programmer should be able to write most stuff regardless of syntax, although C and C++ objective sucked for me. Maybe because we started with such a type safe language as C#. But as you say it really sucks just switching back and forth in languages haha. My research at my company is really cool. MVC based php really big and complex project. It's a nice challenge! but yeah as you say when i just finished a big java multithreaded project or worked on some android app it really sucks immediatly switching to php, mysql and javascript. We just keep switching back and forth haha.

Although the switch to Java from C# was obviously not so hard. :P C# is still my preferred language, it's just really clean and clear love it! Also like java, i did a big multithreaded java project which was pretty cool.

I really don't like php that much, sure its fast to write and it just works a lot of times, but i prefer a language that just doesn't say $ = almost everything lol. Also can get a bit weird with the internal type casting and shit, but just have to stay on guard for that. So i am glad we learned a language like C# first, or maybe it was better to start at anm evben lower level, i don't know.

Sometimes the business of life in general gets in the way in just doing what you love. But some days i just get code blind when you are trying to debug some shit and really tried every solution. Working 3 days on a couple of lines of code and finding out that a little wrong call at the wrong time is the issue or some inane shit like that lol. But yeah, that is programming for you. Extremely mentally draining but very satisfactory when you finally find that solution you've been working on so long. :D

But really hope to just get my degree in 4 months after the defence of my thesis. And start a good nice job! Without the added mental drainage of all the enormous school documentation that has to be made besides the already demanding job, lol.

I hope to find time for this site again.

Return to Improvements