The best way to sync my break to the BPM of the track?

Post links, share files, discuss breaks. All things breaks.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Supah No0b

The best way to sync my break to the BPM of the track?

Postby sir johnson thursday » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:02 am

First of all: I'm a FLuser.

While slicing breaks and experimenting with the tempo of the song I realised that it's not enough to have a good slicing, to make the break ready to use...
If I have an average break it's normaly between 140 and 180 (I guess) - But If I want my song to be in 100BPM and want to have the sliced break in the same tempo there is a bit of silence before the next slice hits, or in case I raise the Tempo of the song one slice follows another before the first one has played out. (ofcourse this hasn't to be bad, but in this case I want to have it like the original) - And I don't want to change the pitch of the not to fill the gap...

I've been thinking about a possible solution and thought I could change the Tempo of the Breaksample in Audacity (stretch it) before I slice it in Fl, but sadly Audacity doesn't seem to be able to rythm detect, nor does it allow to directly stretch a sample to another BPM-speed. (Only an inacurat stretching in Percent that's kindof unpredictable...)
Is there another program that can do the job, or is there a solution within FL itself?

Hope I explained well enough what I want.
+ I would be quite thankfull for a solution.

Breakcore Member

Postby aerick » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:26 am

U can stretch i with the normal slicer!? =O

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:30 pm

aerick wrote:U can stretch i with the normal slicer!? =O

I also stretch it like this, really no need to go to a seperate program and do it there.

I like to do this with a lot of the same break at different stretches, and go wild. :D

Supah No0b

Postby sir johnson thursday » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:45 pm

OK... I never realised that "TS" is for Timestretching ... So thanks a lot for enlighting me. -My question doesn't seem to have been that clever.

I tried it out and it does the job, but if you timestretch it to the maximum it stops sounding like a drum ...
Forethat I'm using Traktor I know, that there are programs with a better timestretching, but as it seems I'll have to accept the way it's done by FL...

thx again

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:12 am

i produce at 375 which is 8/8

so when i make a break i throw it in the slicer, then i select

"original length"

and see if it fits 8 beats - 64 beats

once i have selected it's length i then quantinize.

then do all the rest of the layering and all that bs that needs to be done to mod a break.

hope this helps
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby Fez » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:48 am

adding a pinch of reverb can often sound quite good for getting rid of the silence in between snares and hats.
:)

Return to Breaks