trackers for macs

Post links, share files, discuss breaks. All things breaks.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Supah No0b

trackers for macs

Postby Adam_mtu » Tue May 13, 2008 10:15 am

just wondering if anyone knew any free trackers for mac, i cant find any so i might just have to buy renoise? blatantlly worth the cash though

Breakcore Member

Postby nsound » Wed May 14, 2008 4:01 pm

i think milky tracker may work on the mac? also renoise demo is free with hardly any restrictions.

Pwncall Member

Postby s-n-s » Wed May 14, 2008 6:54 pm

renoise IS worth every penny

N0oO0obZoR

Postby abel » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:39 pm

this is how i do it, when i need to use my gf's mac.
use the renoise demo, as far as i understand the only two things disabled in the demo is asio support and all forms of rendering.

if you are a little clever you hook the mac up to some kind of recorder, i personally use an old stationary minidisc player. example:

mac phones output to md in, records sound onto the md, you can sample etc like this from movies etc.

THEN, to retrieve the sound onto your comp, download some kind of software that can record sound from your line in. i did this on my pc, but versiontracker.com should have what you need.

now you just plug the same cable into your line in and the md/whatever output. press play on the external recording device of your choice and press record on your sperm coloured mac.

This is just something I came up with when i wanted to know if renoise was something i want to use or not, first time i used a tracker... Did not want to throw 50 usd on some software when what i needed was inspiration, not a complete software... If you search thepiratebay.org you might find the full version, but i recommend buying it if you like it, seems to be a supernice sequencer!

fuck, i write alot...
well yours truly the shittiest bedroom brekcore freak alive!

Return to Breaks