I think this guy is totaly crazy !!!! Look this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BA_834U ... re=related

HOW A HUMAN CAN DO THAT !!!!!!?????

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Stazma wrote:I think this guy is totaly crazy !!!! Look this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BA_834U ... re=related

HOW A HUMAN CAN DO THAT !!!!!!?????

Lots of prep work, lots of midi assign, lots of chopping drum breaks to each key of the keyboard, them memorization of where favorite drum hits are. Guys like hoonboy usually mark their keyboard with stickers to help with remembering where sounds are.

Elite!

Postby Stazma » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:52 am

I'm impressed by his quikness in his drum part execution, so I have try a little and it's possible but it demand many many days of work.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:14 am

yeah that live videos pretty impressive, id love to see a set with completely live breaks

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:03 am

Stazma wrote:I'm impressed by his quikness in his drum part execution, so I have try a little and it's possible but it demand many many days of work.

Check some hoonboys videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9haYe1In94

Supah No0b

Postby RSS » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:35 pm

I see in trivialxperience 08 and I like his energy during the live :D

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:58 am

rtificial wrote:
Stazma wrote:I'm impressed by his quikness in his drum part execution, so I have try a little and it's possible but it demand many many days of work.

Check some hoonboys videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9haYe1In94

wow, had never heard of him before but i really love the live sets iv heard so far

Supah No0b

Re: Drumcorps

Postby internets » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 am

Thallium wrote:
BinaryPulse wrote:I'm too lazy to check. Eh.

Thus making a complete ass of yourself.

Sir, where the fuck did you get your avatar?

Supah No0b

Postby Sleep » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:06 am

Altered Beast was a great release, seen Animosity when they were on tour with Converge, great energy from them live.

Only gripe with Drumcorps is him using the same "songs" in different tracks, you can hear a Botch number/snippet creep in on 2 or 3 occasions I think...

CoreCore Member

Postby larsby » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:49 am

Sleep wrote:Altered Beast was a great release, seen Animosity when they were on tour with Converge, great energy from them live.

Only gripe with Drumcorps is him using the same "songs" in different tracks, you can hear a Botch number/snippet creep in on 2 or 3 occasions I think...

That's the problem with sampels?

Supah No0b

Postby Sleep » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:13 pm

larsby wrote:
Sleep wrote:Altered Beast was a great release, seen Animosity when they were on tour with Converge, great energy from them live.

I'm not getting at sampling, hell no, I'm just saying he could have used other Botch clips in stead of the EXACT same one, I mean I felt like it did it's bit in "Botch Up And Die" and was put to good use, just though using it in another track was needless, it's like me going and writing two songs and using a riff that sits in both, once it's heard in one context it can kill the other.

In relation to Drumcorps, is there any other artists (bar maybe Laydscraper and Surachai) who mash metal/hardcore and breaks this well?

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Sleep wrote:
larsby wrote:

I'm not getting at sampling, hell no, I'm just saying he could have used other Botch clips in stead of the EXACT same one, I mean I felt like it did it's bit in "Botch Up And Die" and was put to good use, just though using it in another track was needless, it's like me going and writing two songs and using a riff that sits in both, once it's heard in one context it can kill the other.

In relation to Drumcorps, is there any other artists (bar maybe Laydscraper and Surachai) who mash metal/hardcore and breaks this well?

Amen. Break.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby SweetPeaPod » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:36 pm

i gotta say... out of all the times i've booked Aaron, i've always loved the 'Aaron Spectre' sets. Tho, Drumcorps is dope! i still love the straight up Aaron Spectre the best. he's awesome.

PreviousNext

Return to Independent