do you get 'chavs' in america

Just say whatever you want.... spam, hate on things... whatever you want. Topics deleted after 2 weeks of inactivity.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Postby annoying » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:33 pm

when we were younger we used to call them rednecks, but the whole idea of a generic understanding of a boxable social group became a boxable generic understanding for social groups, :0)

Supah No0b

Postby m03 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:41 am

fap* wrote:.
in the states almost everyone is fake and most people are not very intelligent.

the government if breeding a culture of fear and ignorance, cuz its easier to control the masses thru credit card debt and fear.

if America as a whole could learn from its mistakes instead of thinking our shit dont stink, we would be a lot better off.

If you think it's limited to "America" (are you talking about the United States? Canada? Brazil?), you are sadly mistaken. After all the stories of mass corruption, unfair taxation, lack of real civil rights, etc that I've heard from friends who lived in Britain, India, Brazil, et al, I'm glad to be in the U.S., even with the current state of affairs.

Anyway, this mindset does seem to be pretty prevelent in U.S. cities though. When I lived in rural areas, people seemed to be more individualistic, and think for themselves. This despite the stereotypes of the rural that gets pushed by the media.

Learning from your mistakes, much like actually solving problems, isn't what any of the 2 major political parties in the U.S. are interested in. After all, you don't stay perpetually employed by fixing the problems.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby matt bleak » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:31 am

i dont understand this whole 'chav' thing...is this the 'yob culture' that tony blair and now gordon brown crap on about? i think blair, brown and other politicians are more responsible for the so-called 'breakdown of society' than a bunch of poorly attired working-class youths! sounds like classist crap to me! personally i get more offended by footpaths cluttered with trendy latte-drinking wankers but thats just me! seems to me that UK people are being distracted by this total non-issue whilst their civil rights are completely stripped away from them! blame it on 'chavs'??? hahahaha!! :twisted:
"Sometimes I feel like a vampire" - Ted Bundy
http://www.myspace.com/mattbleak08

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby fap* » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:34 am

m03 wrote:If you think it's limited to "America"

what do i know, i have lived all my life in california.

lulz

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::fap*:::::

CoreCore Member

Postby Alan_ » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:21 pm

matt bleak wrote:i dont understand this whole 'chav' thing...is this the 'yob culture' that tony blair and now gordon brown crap on about? i think blair, brown and other politicians are more responsible for the so-called 'breakdown of society' than a bunch of poorly attired working-class youths! sounds like classist crap to me! personally i get more offended by footpaths cluttered with trendy latte-drinking wankers but thats just me! seems to me that UK people are being distracted by this total non-issue whilst their civil rights are completely stripped away from them! blame it on 'chavs'??? hahahaha!! :twisted:

I'll drink to that...if you want to see pretentious nouveau yuppie-ism taken to an unbearable extreme, come hang out in austin for a bit. we seem to be attracting them in huge numbers.

Hardcore Member

Postby helix » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:07 pm

fap* wrote:.

as far as chavs, i think we had that shit here long before it jump'd the pond.

in the states almost everyone is fake and most people are not very intelligent.

the government if breeding a culture of fear and ignorance, cuz its easier to control the masses thru credit card debt and fear.

if America as a whole could learn from its mistakes instead of thinking our shit dont stink, we would be a lot better off.

i must disagree man. i lived in the states for 10 years and never came across a 'chav' as they would be described here in the UK since the term originated in england, you get a lot of jocks which are similar in the fact they like fighting and start on people for no reason...the best place to see what a classic chav is www.fat-pie.com and watch some videos of devvo, in the top left...its a piss take but i have actually encountered people like this living in leeds...he does some comedy tunes but watch some of the vids a bit farther down the page to get an idea

Supah No0b

Postby Kyle » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:29 am

I saw one the other day at the mall. I was quite confused. I really didn't know what to make of it at the time.

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:50 am

it seems like "chavs" as described in that video are some stupid british cultural thing. the closest thing i could think to that in america are what we call "bros." here is an example of a bro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8

Pwncall Member

Postby the shallow stairs » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:24 pm

ahahaahah! i love that video
http://www.myspace.com/rejectionprojectmusic

http://www.reverbnation.com/rejectionproject

art holiday and the shallow stairs are rejection project!

Postby Korode » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:10 pm

Nah we just have alot of police.

That's our problem.

Breakcore Member

Postby V.E.G.A » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Chavs are about to hit the USA. Popularity of Ali G and the Sreets are a World-wide Celebration, and dont forget about new vocab of "Boombaclerk".

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:22 pm

V.E.G.A wrote:Chavs are about to hit the USA. Popularity of Ali G and the Sreets are a World-wide Celebration, and dont forget about new vocab of "Boombaclerk".

You've only just got Ali G and the Streets? And it's pronounced 'bumbaclaat'.

Breakcore Member

Postby V.E.G.A » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:49 am

... No! Boombaclark!

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:57 am

CoreCore Member

Postby Dj Doreetoh » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:17 am

the american equivlent is white trash, trailer par folk. only here they live in council estates.

i might add im a proud spide.

:D

PreviousNext

Return to Bullshit