need help with sidechaining in renoise

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb

need help with sidechaining in renoise

Postby Vfive » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:29 am

i have slim slow slider compessor vst and cant figure out how to duck the baseline to hear the kick....can anyone help?

N0oO0obZoR

Postby Peggy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:09 am

DJ Hidden explains you

''I use the signal follower in Renoise as it is *better* than any other sidechaining option I have yet to see. It beats Cubase, Ableton, Fruityloops and well - although they all feature rather decent ways of sidechaining, the one in Renoise still gives you more options. The way you use this function are practically limitless and there is not one specific way to make the best sidechain effect. I usually use a dummy channel (or several) on which I place a short sound that plays along with a specific instrument (the kick, for instance) and I mute it after adding one or (more likely) multiple signal followers. According to what kind of "effect" you want to obtain, you can then link these signal followers to all sorts of elements within the program: very direct by having them control the volume on an individual channel or send channel or more subtle by, for instance, controlling a particular frequency range. There is not one way to use sidechaining and therefore not one method that is the "be-all-end-all" method. And well, there are of course other ways to do sidechaining in Renoise - but I would strongly suggest using the signal follower. It's internal and therefore very CPU friendly and it works with basically every automatable feature of any external or internal plugin.''

Return to Tutorials