noob question about sound. need help!

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Supah No0b

noob question about sound. need help!

Postby forma » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:20 am

Hey people.

for example this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5sMjjOHJcw
i want to know is how to make drums and sounds like on that video?

as i understand its all have to do with VST plugins.. get the sound, find the right VST plugin and make the result i need?
Last edited by forma on Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoreCore Member

Postby Infekkted » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:45 am

Download break samples. Check out the amen, think, firefight breaks. Some Gabber kicks too.. The fun begins.

Supah No0b

Postby forma » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:58 pm

i dont want use amen. billions of people use it. they didnt create anithing.. they just took something that has been already made and mix it together.
the question was how to create my own sounds like there. not download them and just remix them, put my name, and there you go.. i am "musitian"
Last edited by forma on Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoreCore Member

Postby pcpc18 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:08 pm

his "track" doesn't sound like something special, just amen breaks (maybe that's what you're looking for?) and gabber kicks, so :

- First of all, breakcore is not just about amen and gabber kicks, it's about originality and creativity.
- if you'd like to sound like that, there's no secret, work, work, work and work even more. learn to make some nice edit, fuck around with samples, and work harder.

there's no special reciepe to make breakcore the only criteria are originality and creativity.
<a href="http://soundcloud.com/ace-ov-spades">Latest tracks by Ace Ov Spades</a>

Supah No0b

Postby forma » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:06 pm

maybe the one of the ways is to buy a good digital recorder and to record all the sounds i need.. and change them in vst plugins..

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h4n/

CoreCore Member

Postby pcpc18 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:27 pm

forma wrote:maybe the one of the ways is to buy a good digital recorder and to record all the sounds i need.. and change them in vst plugins..

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h4n/

you don't need this stuff, get something like a good synth and start sound disigning your own samples. check out Alchemy by Camel audio. or Reason.

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:26 am

you more than likely need some experience in basic music theory about eq'ing and the shapes of waves before you go about making your own sounds, as for people who sample not being musicians i could not disagree with you anymore seriously, being able to sample a sound be it an amen break or the sound of a train passing by or a cash register or anything and editing it and rearanging it and making it your own is imo what music is about, saying sampling isnt music is like saying using the same 6 strings on a guitar and using the same notes as the millions of other people isnt music either

CoreCore Member

Postby DJ DL-44 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:57 am

Just use your mouth and sequence it.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby SweetPeaPod » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:12 am

ohmega sir wrote:you more than likely need some experience in basic music theory about eq'ing and the shapes of waves before you go about making your own sounds, as for people who sample not being musicians i could not disagree with you anymore seriously, being able to sample a sound be it an amen break or the sound of a train passing by or a cash register or anything and editing it and rearanging it and making it your own is imo what music is about, saying sampling isnt music is like saying using the same 6 strings on a guitar and using the same notes as the millions of other people isnt music either

Fucking, Thank You! my sentiments exactly.

I'd def find your creative way, and mode for compiling before worrying about what samples to use, and or not use.
Like what pcpc18 was saying, you gotta pay your 'personal dues' as far as creating goes.
I've probably collectively spent months upon months on works that never got further than my gear. Experimenting with sounds/designs/editing/mixing.. All that with getting your heart into your sound, is a God Damn Trip..
i fucking love it
hope you find your way

Three Poster

Postby squatthelot » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:32 am

thankyou everyone

Return to Tutorials