Noob bass problem

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n0Ob

Noob bass problem

Postby Intron7 » Sat May 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Ok, so I've studied music all these years and played a bunch of instruments. Now I've moved on to electronic music, using Renoise.

My problem is the bass part, I never get any songs done. First of all I don't know how to compose a bassline, breaks and melodies are no problem but I just can't seem to find the proper sound and harmony for the bass.

Also, if I do record bass, it always seems to stand out from the song instead of complementing the drums and other samples.

Seems like kind of a stupid problem but I feel like I'm really stuck now...

Breakcore Member

Postby the_machine » Sun May 23, 2010 9:43 am

why fix something that's not broken? just keep recording your bass guitar!
"Viel von sich reden kann auch ein Mittel sein, sich zu verbergen"

n0Ob

Postby Intron7 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:12 am

the_machine wrote:why fix something that's not broken? just keep recording your bass guitar!

Well, I don't record bass guitar, I just meant that if I input something randomly it still stands out from the mix.

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Sun May 23, 2010 6:35 pm

what seems to be the actual problem that you are trying to get at?
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

Supah No0b

Postby Spets » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:06 am

What do you mean stands out, do you mean off melody? The bass isn'tin harmony with the Breaks?? Explain please?
But if you mean that the bass frequencies are masking other frequencies, in other words, when the bass kicks in other sounds seem low and inaudible, then you should equalize your tracks, and watch out for other frequencies compensation!

Now if you mean that the sound of the bass lines you make are not melodic or harmonious with your melody and breaks, then try to use some other bass sounds, stick to the basic notes of the melody and from there mix up along the scale you are using!!!

I hope I explained enough.
Cheers .

Return to Tutorials