Making tracks fuller without making it sound over crowded?

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

Making tracks fuller without making it sound over crowded?

Postby Wobbatha Christie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:47 pm

I'm wondering how I can make my tracks sound more full without making it sound too much is going on and its crowding. With me its usually one or the other and never the preferred choice.
Thanks in advance ;)

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:06 pm

good composition i find is the best way to get this, just use less sounds, yes, i know its simple but its very difficult and takes practice trial and error, work to find a balance

another thing you could do is not to crowd certian frequencies with overbearing sounds, for example, when i have a high frequency sample that i want to make a high frequency sound, i'll equalize it and take out the lows so it wont conflict with the other lows that iv programmed, a little rudimentary but it works for me

best of luck!

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:33 am

compression, eq, stereo-widening/spread

Elite!

Postby Stazma » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:27 am

The best way to have a big sound without bad digital distorsion is to mix your track under - 3 or 4 Db in your software. After your finished your track you have to export it in audio (wav), and pass it trought a mastering suite plug in (T-Racks, Ozone) or in a Hardware multiband compressor (too much fuckin' expansive hehehe).
For people that do know nothing in mastering I strongly recommand Ozone cause it have a fuckin'load of realy usefull and efficiant preset.

I'm studying sound enginering so I know how to make sound a track very loud without trashing the sound, so if some people realy don't know how to do I can try to do it for you.
If some people are interrested I give my email adress : thejunglechrist@hotmail.fr

Contact me if you are interrested.

Peace

CoreCore Member

Postby Wobbatha Christie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:37 pm

Thanks for the responses so far, all have helped, especially the -4db tip :)

Return to Tutorials