Rusko Masterclass (i know its dubstep..)

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Pwner

Rusko Masterclass (i know its dubstep..)

Postby DISEMBOWELLED » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:52 pm

Yeah its dubstep, and generally speaking I'm not a big fan of his music (or dubstep generally) but I thought I'd post this coz its actually quite interesting to watch, and he seems like a really nice guy.

Also note how minimal his setup is...and he's using acid..

so yeah, anyone into the slower stuff should have a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4rDC1kuHtc

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:51 pm

thanks =D
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby kosmonavt » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:13 am

cool! thanks!

CoreCore Member

Postby BOKO91 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:39 am

I watched this the other day and have two questions about the albino patch. Firstly He says that his first osc is just a sine wave so does this mean that he is not using a seperate sub? is he just layering a sine on the main bass patch for the sub bas or is it just to fatten the sound?
secondly he pitches up the sound in the main arrange screen not albino or the midi editior! he even shows you the midi part to show that its the same, so how is he doing that? i use logic and spent about an hour scratching my head, trying all logics pitch plugs and automation but couldn't work it out!

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:20 pm

BOKO91 wrote:I watched this the other day and have two questions about the albino patch. Firstly He says that his first osc is just a sine wave so does this mean that he is not using a seperate sub? is he just layering a sine on the main bass patch for the sub bas or is it just to fatten the sound?
secondly he pitches up the sound in the main arrange screen not albino or the midi editior! he even shows you the midi part to show that its the same, so how is he doing that? i use logic and spent about an hour scratching my head, trying all logics pitch plugs and automation but couldn't work it out!

it's not that hard, he's just layering sound waves for each frequency
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

Hardcore Member

Postby SeveredDigit » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:53 pm

You can pitch up or down on a clip(audio or midi) with the + or - key in acid..Handy feature...great for pitching up or down your amen snares as well ;)

That was for you Ben :P

Albino + Alchemy = the only vsts I need !
Http://www.severeddigit.ca

Breakcore.Noise.IDM.

Pwner

Postby Draegg » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:52 am

damn that dude is ugly

Return to Tutorials