basic aspects of sound tutorial neeeeded

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

basic aspects of sound tutorial neeeeded

Postby Ruffatron » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:22 pm

so,

this friend of mine who is really into music, playing and mostly singing for a couple of bands, wants to learn how to play music in her macbook. so, i decided i'd help her out, i've got nuff tutorials to guide her through and nuff technical knowledge of computermusic myself to help her through this or that.

what i don't have is a well written paper explaining the basic aspects of sound (freq, phase, adsr, reflection, dynamics etc). i used to, but i've lost all papers i had from soundschool in a riot, honest... :)

the thing is, i don't feel i can start explaining this shit and be completely sure i haven't left s.thing out, y'know? so, a nice, thorough paper could really make me 100% sure i've got the basis covered and make it easier to move on to creative shit. i'm not saying such a paper is absolutely necessary, it's good to do things the right way though.

so, plz, help me get this girl within the grasp of the satanic forces that lie within computer generated music! :evil: (who knows, maybe she even ends up making breakcore... pretty unlikely, though)

fuckit, i'm blabbing, just give me a tip on where to look or post a link or whatever u can.

Postby Ruffatron » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:22 pm

just bumping this

c'mon, no one? a tip? is google my only hope? or doa maybe?

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:38 am

doa

\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

Postby Ruffatron » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:50 am

hmmm? The old 'im an expert but ive got this mate who isnt' trick is it? type.......sorry, tell your mate to type "the physics of sound' into a search engine. or try....sorry tell your mate to try, wikipedia.

this is why i avoided doa and hoped the nice rude people here would help.

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:00 pm

tbh, you are really kind of best off using wiki imo
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

Postby Ruffatron » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:01 am

true.
u could have said so earlier tho.

check the thread out in doa

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?s=8e770f446f721cff1ee2e61a5c667f95&postid=9670189#post9670189

Return to Tutorials