Any known way to sample with renoise?

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Hardcore Member

Any known way to sample with renoise?

Postby Terminal42 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:57 pm

Such as taking these samples posted here http://www.ihatebreakcore.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4053 And putting them in renoise?

If I need some other hardware/software to do so just tell me..

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:40 am

Yes the best way is to download your samples, convert them to MIDI and print out on glossy A3 photocopy paper. Cut the paper up and resequence the samples as desired, stick back together onto 3/4" linear magnetic tape, brush with milk, and bake in the oven at 440F for 30 minutes or until golden. Then, unbox your Yamaha GX-1 synthesizer and plug it into Renoise (only!) with the supplied gold-plated DIN-DIN coaxial cables and feed in your tape to the hungry GX-1 expansion slot (remove cover with Torx-8 screwdriver, or pry off with chisel) being careful of teeth, misc objects and other things. In a short while, the synthesizer will "play" your sequence into Renoise - quickly save the MIDI triggers before your VSTs swallow them into your DSP sandbox (Max/MSP sniping can assist, but only over triple lacquered/backlooped ethernet multiplexing). I know Aphex Twin did this with a BBC micro once, but that was back in the days of 240V, things are a little different after 9/11! :wink:

This will only work on a Mac, btw. On the PC, Microsoft Bob just drools obscenities at your co-workers and leers at your sister.

- OR -

You could just open renoise, browse to your downloaded .wav samples and double-click them, which loads them into an instrument slot.

But I prefer the first method.

Hardcore Member

Postby Terminal42 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 pm

First method sounds a lot more easier for my situation. I'll go ahead and do that.

Return to Tutorials