Using a PC joystick to controll MIDI

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Hardcore Member

Using a PC joystick to controll MIDI

Postby Gazmatic » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:57 pm

Hello IH8BK! Ive been off for a while, but its great to be back.........

My query for today is regarding the use of GlovePIE and MIDI yoke to turn my PC joypad into a MIDI controller. I tried to get my Xbox 360 wireless controller to work on my PC, but the charge-and-play kit USB doesnt actually transport information. On top of that, you need a windows wireless reciever to make it work, which costs about 25 quid (GAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!).

So, I bought a cheap PC pad.

Ive been looking round the net today for premade scripts that I could use specifically aimed at joy-to-MIDI action and I have MIDI yoke ready. It just all seems to be aimed at nintendo Wii controll scripts though (which is cool, but not for me).

If anyone out there could help me get a script or some help in writing one it would be most greatfull. It would be also interesting to see who else here is into GlovePIE as I see it being a powerfull tool for music production. Even after just an evening of use, id recomend anyone in learning how to use it :D *

*Excuse the innuendo
****Fact into doubt doesnt go. Its not scientifically proven, but it IS fact****

Return to Tutorials