Getting audio files from comp games

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Hardcore Member

Getting audio files from comp games

Postby Gazmatic » Sun May 31, 2009 7:16 pm

Does anyone know how to get samples from old xbox games? The audio format might be different and was wondering if there was any converters ready for download........
****Fact into doubt doesnt go. Its not scientifically proven, but it IS fact****

Most Valuable Poster!

Re: Getting audio files from comp games

Postby divtech » Sun May 31, 2009 7:37 pm

Gazmatic wrote:Does anyone know how to get samples from old xbox games? The audio format might be different and was wondering if there was any converters ready for download........

take the audio out and convert it to the headphone sized plug in (using some type of converter, plug it into computer, record on audacity through the audio-in line

same way you could with any external sound

Hardcore Member

Postby Gazmatic » Sun May 31, 2009 8:14 pm

Thanx! Im thinking more on the lines of getting to the audio files on the data disk to get particular FX samples like explosions etc (and possibly hidden ones). I also want to get the best sound without any interference from in game background FX.
I will use your approach nevertheless.....
****Fact into doubt doesnt go. Its not scientifically proven, but it IS fact****

CoreCore Member

Postby larsby » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:06 am

Download the game and unpack the iso. Most of the games have their resources plain in folders.

Hardcore Member

Postby Gazmatic » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:24 am

larsby wrote:Download the game and unpack the iso. Most of the games have their resources plain in folders.

Is this from the disk or from a website? Im assuming that an iso is a file format and I may need a converter.

CoreCore Member

Postby larsby » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Gazmatic wrote:
larsby wrote:Download the game and unpack the iso. Most of the games have their resources plain in folders.

Is this from the disk or from a website? Im assuming that an iso is a file format and I may need a converter.

It's sort of iso. you download it as an iso, and you can burn your xbox backup via say fx nero. but you cant unpack it, or read it with your operating system.

I remember using xbox file transfer to unpack and upload to the xbox.

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:20 am

If you download a game, you can mount isos in a virtual drive with this program:
http://www.disk-tools.com/download/daemon

And then you can look for the audio folder, most iso's/cd's have it.

Just explore the emulated cd instead of running it.

You can also do this if you just own the regular game cd.(explore it and find the audio files)

Not all games have this though.

CoreCore Member

Postby larsby » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:22 am

PEPCORE wrote:If you download a game, you can mount isos in a virtual drive with this program:
http://www.disk-tools.com/download/daemon

And then you can look for the audio folder, most iso's/cd's have it.

Just explore the emulated cd instead of running it.

You can also do this if you just own the regular game cd.(explore it and find the audio files)

Not all games have this though.

On some xbox iso's there is wavefiles also. I remember seing this while uploading backups to my old xbox when I still used it to play games on.

Hardcore Member

Postby jimmusician » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:24 am

sooooo why can't you just take the disc and shove it in the drive and open it up from there?

Return to Tutorials