Fl tutorial thread

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Hardcore Member

Postby epilektric » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:18 pm

I'm new here but I noticed the popularity of FL right away.
This is some funny stuff!

Breakcore Member

Postby aerick » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:56 pm

dont treat my beloved fl so bad... ='(

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:19 pm

As time goes on FLstudio is gonna get better and better, but none of these fools gonna care cause of the ridiculous stigma against it. Which is bullshit.

FL users don't hate on renoise do they?

Am I meant to get rid of fruity loops and spend months trying to figure out a program that is supposedly "better" just because i'll be considered a "n00b" if I don't?

Fuck that ish
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

Pwncall Member

Postby Gostek » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:54 pm

I don't hate Fl. I just don't use it. I like to have tick precision, so i use trackers. And didn't find there anything really useful, except t Slicer
duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh

Breakcore Member

Postby aerick » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:11 pm

Pianoroll is as good as a tracker imo, ive only used renoise for like 2 weeks, and didnt really get the clue, but i see no disadvantage in FL in comparison with renoise.

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:05 pm

FL is tha bomb

Who cares what other people think.

As long as you can find enjoyment in making music, all is good. :D

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:49 pm

In all fairness actually fruity loops has a ton of shite in it thats more or less useless, but I'm sure everyone remembers their first few songs made using the speech synthesiser, what a classic load of bollocks that is.
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

Supah No0b

Postby imabadrobot » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:48 pm

i'm giving credit to FL,the later editions though not the earlier ones,there is alot you can do with it in my opinion.

Platinum Poster!

Postby djtheblade » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:29 am

People whinge at Fruity Loops because they can't load in a loop and let an effect mangle it for them. Once you break a break (lol) down in to its component parts you can do pretty much anything you want with it. People like other software because turning dials sounds cool, I prefer the complete freedom that Fruity Loops offers, I don't give a shit if Venetian Snares or other bearded Breakcore super stars use Renoise or any other program for that matter. I've heard some cracking core made in FL that sounds AS good as things made with software (Xanopticon, Kinfehandchop etc)

Pwncall Member

Postby brokoloid » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:40 pm

gromov is with FL too :)

Postby theh8rs » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:05 pm

it doesnt matter wtf you use ive heard bad ass songs created with casios and a 4track. the finished product speaks for it self. the means and how it was created is secondary. if you have music in you that needs too get out you will use what ever you can too get it out. and you will constantly practice with what ever medium it is, that you use to make your music. stay dedicated with what you like master it and have fun :)

theh8rs
josh

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:52 pm

theh8rs wrote:it doesnt matter wtf you use ive heard bad ass songs created with casios and a 4track. the finished product speaks for it self. the means and how it was created is secondary. if you have music in you that needs too get out you will use what ever you can too get it out. and you will constantly practice with what ever medium it is, that you use to make your music. stay dedicated with what you like master it and have fun :)

theh8rst
josh

word, the best songs i have ever heard in my life are recorded on boom boxes wit a shitty mic
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby kosmonavt » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:01 pm

producer_snafu wrote:
theh8rs wrote:it doesnt matter wtf you use ive heard bad ass songs created with casios and a 4track. the finished product speaks for it self. the means and how it was created is secondary. if you have music in you that needs too get out you will use what ever you can too get it out. and you will constantly practice with what ever medium it is, that you use to make your music. stay dedicated with what you like master it and have fun :)

theh8rst
josh

word, the best songs i have ever heard in my life are recorded on boom boxes wit a shitty mic

what songs are they? i'm curious now.

Hardcore Member

Postby SeveredDigit » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:43 pm

I started out with Impulse tracker back in the day...and I admit I had my hate on for FL until about version 5...Now its a staple in my process....

Single hits and Piano roll....nuff said...quick and dirty.

However that being said...I think I may have finished ONE song completely in FL...Usually I just bounce shit out to another APP (cubase, acid, ableton,renoise) and finish in there.
Http://www.severeddigit.ca

Breakcore.Noise.IDM.

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:09 am

kosmonavt wrote:
producer_snafu wrote:

theh8rst
josh

what songs are they? i'm curious now.

Casper the Friendly Ghost by daniel johnston

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DikGryYgKBg

walking the cow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KazWn8KyZt8

story of an artist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_RbSAwMa3U
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials