Remix Compilation (Idea)

All contests, giveaways and site events will take place here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

Remix Compilation (Idea)

Postby Zwaken » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:00 am

Here's an idea I have for a little event here on ihatebreakcore that I think could end up having some really cool results.

A little remix compilation.

We get just a handful of people (5-10?) who REALLY want to be involved in this and will for sure remix a song. Who ever these people end up being post a song that they have written in the past (emphasis on not writing a song specifically for someone else to remix) that would hold remix potential / could have been improved on, or maybe just a song that they've made and really like.

People who have posted songs will be involved in the event. At that point, a random participating artist will be chosen to remix a random partcipating track. (I think making it a random process will wield more interesting results. Also, many people may WANT to remix a certain track, and if it's a picking process, things could get messy / complicated.)

After artists are assigned their song to remix, we set a deadline, and then post the results in a playlist on soundcloud. On soundcloud, the track name should include the (original) song title, the original artist and the artist who did the remix.

The remixing artist can do whatever they feel to the song file, and add whatever they feel like, too. The only requirement is to make the new, remixed version of the song at least some what recognizable to the original song.

When someone recieves a song, they can only get the song file, to make it a level playing field. Lets say someone used FL studio to make their song, and the artist who is remixing that also uses FL studio. The original artist could send the remixing artist the FL file and that person would get an advantage that others wouldn't. Even though this isn't really a competition, I still want things to be fair.

This wouldn't be a contest, necessarily, because some people will have better material to work with than others, therfore, some artists will start off with an advantage, which is why I like to call this more of an "event" than a competition.

I think we could have a lot of fun with this sort of thing, and get some really good sounds.

Thoughts?

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:58 am

nice one! Should post the original on soundcloud too. So you can see the difference.

I'm in. This be big fun to do. Also curious what people would do to a track of mine...

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:05 pm

Sounds like an interesting idea, will probably take some time to set up properly. :P

:D

Platinum Poster!
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 1 votes

Postby Feutus Lapdance » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:03 pm

It would be more fair if a WAF sample pack is also sent...I dont use FL and Pep dont usse Renoise....(so he cant open Renoise files)....

Breakcore Member

Postby brainslushie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:18 pm

Sounds fun, i'd definitely be in!

CoreCore Member

Postby Zwaken » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Feutus Lapdance wrote:It would be more fair if a WAF sample pack is also sent...I dont use FL and Pep dont usse Renoise....(so he cant open Renoise files)....

I'm just talking about getting a .mp3 or .wav of the song, not the project file, so then it will be an even playing field. There would be no limits as to what you can do with it though (VST's, VSTi's, external samples, whatever you feel like.)

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:55 pm

let's do this! :D

Who is in?
Collecting?/sending? Any volunteers?
Date to submit you're in?
Date to end comp?

CoreCore Member

Postby Zwaken » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:44 am

Usually Pepcore manages this type of thing, but I'd be glad to start a thread and get this moving.

Pepcore, do I have permission to start a remix compilation? I'll start a new thread as soon as I have a green light.

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:20 am

Zwaken wrote:Usually Pepcore manages this type of thing, but I'd be glad to start a thread and get this moving.

Pepcore, do I have permission to start a remix compilation? I'll start a new thread as soon as I have a green light.

Yeah man, no problem, you can start anything you want. :D

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:51 pm

PEPCORE wrote:Yeah man, no problem, you can start anything you want. :D

zwaken, you've heard the man :D

Return to Contests