make me some amens compo

All contests, giveaways and site events will take place here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 2 votes

make me some amens compo

Postby plugexpert » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:10 am

Hello,

I like to propose this lill compo and hope you'll contribute some fat iterations of the almighty amen!

This is what you need to do:

Create at least 10 (you may submit much more if you like) 'original' (meaning your) versions of the Amen.

The separate loops mustn't be larger then 2 bars (minimum of 1 bar :) ) + have a minimum bpm of 160, maximum 190.

You may layer your amen hits/loops with as much shit (other beats / farts etc) as you like, compress and effect the fuck out of em to a new holy dimension, though the spirit of the amen must somehow remain intact :)

Send them to me, through emailing me a link where to dl ( plugexpert at gmail.com )

I'll judge the loops, and the person delivering me the subjective best bunch out of all submissions will win 4 Zero G sample dvds (that I just can't seem to sell on these online auction sites lol). Actually, they're pretty alright, worth around 200 euro's new in total ( http://www.zero-g.co.uk/index.cfm?Articleid=989 ). Even the trance dvd has some good bass samples in it for drum & bass or whatever you kids listen to.

Now, there are lots of amens floating around on the web, and I've got them all, so you can't fool me by providing a bunch you once dl'd from DOA or something. Slice your loops up and get creative with the most overly used beat ever. This is a challenge to prove there is still juice left, if squeezed by the right hands.

I'd love to hear virtuoso skill in the effecting of the well known hits, exotic effect mangling, fft smearing of the snares decaying in the background, while crispy hats run on top, with well defined kicks to boot. Show that you've spend some time on it, not just a distortion plugin + compressor on top. The drum programming of the beat it self needn't be super complicated. All the hits just need to be there so one could take them apart for later use. In the end I'll share all the loops provided for everyone else to dl. Diversity and style will get you points.

The deadline for providing me the loops = 2 May 2009

Please use these naming conventions for your loops; first bpm, then contributers name, then the loops name, for example:

166_plugexpert_dirtycumbitchloop.wav

Ok, lets see if people are interested to contribute something. You may spam this compo on other sites to get as much beats in for the whole jungle break loving community to benefit from ;)

grts

R

CoreCore Member
Average track rating:
3.0/5 out of 1 votes

Postby kowalczyk » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:10 pm

Sounds great. I'll start doing some amens right away.

n3wb
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 2 votes

Postby plugexpert » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:46 pm

Cool!

Elite!

Postby Stazma » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:48 pm

I will try to make this for you !!!

Pwncall Member

Postby brokoloid » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:23 am

getting into that soon ! 8)

Return to Contests