too many (net)labels?

Discuss Independent labels.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Pwner

Postby shift decimal » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:51 am

Absolutely not. If it means harboring enthusiasm at the shitcore level then that's great. The market for net-labels doesn't necessarily include the elitist record-spinning type fan, but more so those interested in free things.

Ignoring or condemning an entire spectrum of music approaches and attitudes won't really affect much for the listeners or artists. Those producers in it for the money or listeners looking for specific/generic sounds will probably give up in frustration from both the lack of evidential "success" (download figures can only feed a hungry ego so much) and the failure to find their niche.

Doing this for the listener and producer is a poor attitude in that they're completely ignoring the tracks and styles that those with a more raw and less "skilled" production approach are putting out there. Sure they're distorted and ugly but they're obviously commercially unviable and therefore having something that you won't hear if you just listen to "actual" releases.

But yeah, a net-label is just a highly-organised person who has an abundance of contacts, time, server space, enthusiasm and subtle spamming talent isn't it?

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:32 am

lol shit, crapped my pants with this topic :D

ps: what's a label?

Supah No0b

Re: too many (net)labels?

Postby FlacidoDomingo » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:31 am

Well, my Netlabel didn't touch anything from my tracks.
I mean, I don't like that anyone get my songs and change their sound, I do work really hard to produce all of it, and if that happens I'd feel like that person doesn't like how do I sound. Im not agree with that.
Also I produce my own editions of my EP/Albums/Watever.
It's funny and U really feel self-realised with everything you do. :)

Netlabels should HELP to get gigs and touring management.
I find myself stuck at home forever for that reason, but there's some good Netlabels which takes U to parties they organise by themselves, and that's a step to make them growing up!
https://soundcloud.com/flacidodomingo

Supah No0b

Re:

Postby FlacidoDomingo » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:35 am

verdroid wrote:lol shit, crapped my pants with this topic :D

ps: what's a label?

A label is a "place" (Let me call it that way, it's just a bunch of people or just a couple of persons) who helps you to promote and release your EP's, albums etc.
But we're talking about the independents labels and internet-based ones here lol
https://soundcloud.com/flacidodomingo

Previous

Return to Independent