CD DJ's

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

Postby Higgins » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:22 am

Today i decided on the behringer BCD3000, it is really nice and is a budget item and itl do me good till i can afford the xponent

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:48 am

Higgins wrote:Today i decided on the behringer BCD3000, it is really nice and is a budget item and itl do me good till i can afford the xponent

Yeah I got me one of them a little while ago. Pretty nice piece of kit. It's fine for me as I'm pretty new to DJing and it comes with Traktor so it has everything you need to get started straight out of the box. Decent price as well. There are a few irritating things about it though. The scratch button when pressed stops everything else from working, especially the crossfader, meaning there isn't really any point in it. Most of the faders and knobs are pretty well built, however the jog wheels are only ok and can be a bit inaccurate at times. Also, although it is apparently got presets for Traktor, a number of knobs and buttons are either not set up or are done so incorrectly and if you are planning on using another program, you will probably have to assign everything yourself. While this can be sorted without much hassle, it seems a bit slack from Behringer. All-in-all, it's a decent budget item that easily has the majority of what the competition provides, but at under half the price, so definitely worth it.

CoreCore Member

Postby Higgins » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:29 pm

It came in yesterday and it's a fun little machine! THis is really my first dj'ing experience so im learning by mixing shitty trance on traktor :P

CoreCore Member

Postby somebedroomdj » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:10 am

It came in yesterday and it's a fun little machine! THis is really my first dj'ing experience so im learning by mixing shitty trance on traktor Razz

Keep at it and you'll be mixing shitty breakcore in no time! j/k :P

Congrats on your new gear. :)

Previous

Return to Hardware