Korg electribe

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Breakcore Member

Korg electribe

Postby ObedMarsh » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:18 am

I got the Korg Electribe SX and I love it.
Does anybody have or had used the others ones?
if so how was it?

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:42 am

I keep seeing it used all over the place on youtube. Looks like a good piece of kit. Just wish I had that sort of money/talent to use it. It'll all come with time.

Supah No0b

Postby Megatube » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:42 am

I have an emx1 , and an Es-1 ( the original ) they are both very versatile .
I've been making some Heavy/bassy rolling hardcore/breakcore l8tly from just an MX so your bound to get plenty out of an esx1 .

Anyone tell me what a bond break is ?? I know my amens , and others , but bond ?

Ive slowly been getting fed up of "pop-ish DnB" and am hearing some breakcore l8tly that hits the spot DnB used to . Can anyone recomend some nasty Jungle/dnb breakcore tunes ?

Cheers guys ...

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:26 pm

It's not a break, it's just made up.

Three Poster

Postby fukk » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:19 pm

i've got ea1 n er1 and gotta say that both r missing some knobs n options

Postby DJ THUMPER! » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:08 pm

I use 2 ES-1s in my band Realicide. www.myspace.com/realicide

They are my favorite budget samplers yet and have survived several long, hard tours.

n3wb

Postby n_x » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:24 am

i have an ER-MKII, but this is the only one that I like...
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/n_x">n_x</a>
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/aqlband">aql</a>

n3wb

Postby silver4 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:38 pm

I have Er-1 and ESX-1.Indeed,they miss a lot of knobs.Envelopes are primitive.The knobs tend to loose their precision in time.You can do a lot of things with them if you're set to,but....they could've been much better.Also,they feature that infamous tape delay style...of which i grew so tired listening countless records abusing it.
However,I like the esx-1 better than the rest.It's looking good,and,well,it's got it's own market niche,there isn't another hardware sampler/seq like it.
Collecting dust now,due to Renoise/Ableton/Korg PadKontrol.

CoreCore Member

Postby Higgins » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:56 am

i love my emx. I try to make all my breaks on there. Silver, you need to show me how you can use the padkontrol for breakcore...i found it seriously unusable.

n3wb

Postby silver4 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:28 pm

2 examples:
-for producing the beats from oneshots (not loops).Lower the tempo,then make use of the padkontrol's good velocity sensitivity.It's more pleaing than inputing the same thing on a esx with a fixed velocity ,then adjust the accent.
When done,rise the tempo back .Use the x-y pad as well.
An example: (not bcore,but imagine rising the tempo)

[url] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8of2t9QQbck

-after you do several loops like described above,map chunks of them on several pads,so they "cut" each other on trigger.Set several of them looping(toggle) and several just on trigger.SO you can have a snare roll looping and when you trigger a bd section it will cut the snare roll..and so on.
Further more,for ableton use,you can map the pads to individual clips with the desired bar quantise-mine is 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N4l5GC0 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynxAJutl ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp6v0TC0 ... re=related[/url]

Breakcore Member

Postby V.E.G.A » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:00 am

The Electribe looks incredibly boring. The sounds are ok, maybe so-so. Its that machine you would use to quickly produce an album if all your work suddenly got deleted. Take off its skin and replace it with tye-dye or something, ..THEN it becomes good.

n3wb

Postby Poznatek » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:39 pm

A friend of mine uses the ESX-1 but mostly for hardtek,jungle, ragga stuff..... i don't know if it's the best for break-core... must be hard to do live-bc-sets with it...

the vids pstet from silver4 (pad control) thats looks like a good way to go...-

Three Poster

Postby AudiaX » Tue May 06, 2008 8:27 am

I am working with the esx1 for half a year and i tried some other sample player and i have to say, that it works perfektly, instead of the pitch(when i switch it on 0 then it always rises and fall, thats shit but it was my fault that ot got broken)I also tried some other sample player and my opinion is that the Sound of the elektribe is one of the best. thank you VALVE FORCE. Sometimes when my friend who is working with a Yamaha RS7000 (the weasel buster guy matt also has it) and i make a electronic jam session i always have to low down the Valve Force otherwise he wouldn't be heard. The Korg Elektribe ESX (or EMX) is a big deal.
hear you

n0Ob

Postby FULCRUM » Thu May 29, 2008 7:30 pm

I have an original ER1 and if you know what you're doing with it, you can put out some stunning beats. Get beyond the presets and learn to PROGRAM it and you'll easily be amazed with what the box can produce!

Cheers!

fulcrum

Return to Hardware