Popular gear among "real" breakcore acts

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Three Poster

Popular gear among "real" breakcore acts

Postby ExAmerican » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Anyone know what any established breakcore artists (as in, i could not care less about your myspace band) use for gear? I read an interview with DJ Hidden that he uses "only software" and everyone seems to use Renoise...but other than that I haven't found much online (which is strange because most bands love bragging about what gear they use).

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:09 pm

You Should Check Out Mark Winters Gear...I Heard He Like Uses CD Decks And Just Throws His Arms Around And Sometimes If He Doesn't Get What He Wants He Just Leaves And Some Drunk Guy Goes And Does The Arm Throwing For Him...I Really Like His Classical Stuff.

Three Poster

Postby ExAmerican » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:15 pm

MarkyPoo wrote:You Should Check Out Mark Winters Gear...I Heard He Like Uses CD Decks And Just Throws His Arms Around And Sometimes If He Doesn't Get What He Wants He Just Leaves And Some Drunk Guy Goes And Does The Arm Throwing For Him...I Really Like His Classical Stuff.

I Really Like To Capitalize Words Unnecessarily Too.

CoreCore Member

Re: Popular gear among "real" breakcore acts

Postby larsby » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:55 pm

ExAmerican wrote:Anyone know what any established breakcore artists (as in, i could not care less about your myspace band) use for gear? I read an interview with DJ Hidden that he uses "only software" and everyone seems to use Renoise...but other than that I haven't found much online (which is strange because most bands love bragging about what gear they use).

Like who do would you like to know what they use?

Three Poster

Re: Popular gear among "real" breakcore acts

Postby ExAmerican » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:03 pm

larsby wrote:Like who do would you like to know what they use?

Basically anyone. It's not really a question of any particular breakcore act, I'm just trying to get an idea of what gear is popular in the entire genre.

Personally I really like Enduser, Bong-Ra and basically every band on the Ad Noiseam label, though I'm not going to try to limit this thread to only a specific list of bands as I don't want to pretend I know every breakcore act out there.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby rokhausen » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:18 pm

bong ra uses traktor...

ok well, best of luck to you! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

CoreCore Member

Postby larsby » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:09 pm

When I saw Venetian Snares he had some crappy looking virtual dj controller that he used. Some generic knob-box also.

You can check youtube for clues on what ppl uses live. Take a look at the awesome aaron spectre / drumcorps videos.

I could tell you what I use but I fall under the "myspace band" category.

CoreCore Member

Postby Skornsteen » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:54 am

Most performers I've seen here use a lot of software and laptops, sometimes they have midi keyboards with lots of knobs and keys.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby fap* » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:45 am

im sure that this will soon take over http://www.akaipro.com/apc40

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::fap*:::::

n3wb

Postby attackoftheflyingpope » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:14 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely getting the APC40 as soon as I get a realistic cashflow. haha.
myspace.com/attackoftheflyingpope

Supah No0b

Postby The Youth in Asia » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:29 am

I just got to play with my friends last night. Never has plating the amen been more intuitive, well except for maybe on my mpc.

Supah No0b

Postby The Youth in Asia » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:31 am

I just got to play with my friends last night. Never has plating the amen been more intuitive, well except for maybe on my mpc.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby miskibaul » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:06 am

i heard every one at the WOOD parties use these and a distortion peddle...

no but really, your imagination is the best tool. start thinking.

Pwner

Postby phleg » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:42 am

maybe this thread could help you a little...

http://ihatebreakcore.com/modules.php?n ... highlight=

Hardcore Member

Postby Ridylan G » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:58 am

Im not saying that the Yamaha rmx 1 is the best gear for playing breakcore live. But this style of triggering long loops with some starting at the beggining of the bar (with a kick) some starting with the second beat of the bar (with a hat) and some starting with the snare and a few with rolls. This is something that alot of hip hop producers do when playing live MPC drums. They will sample a loop and set it so they can trigger each part of the loop indevidually but when they let go the loop just keeps on playing. You can do this with most samplers! Ableton + midi controller and some groove boxes. After watching http://www.youtube.com/user/noobclaw#p/u/7/DAGllxpjbTw I copied this idea with the same peice of gear and did a way better job 8)

Look at electric kettle doing the same thing with ableton!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IADFYdM2g2Y

I cant find any vids of Hip hop producers doing this but they are totally the people who invented this style of live hardware performance!!!

Look at hitori tori doing the same thing in renoise with a midi controller!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XDmnGv_eLU&feature=related

If i ever get a video camrea Ill totally upload a vid of me jamming breakcore on hardware sequencerS!!!!!!!

Next

Return to Hardware