I hate hardware

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

I hate hardware

Postby Skornsteen » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:40 pm

Hey.. I'm kind of fucking pissedoff..
I've bought 1000ths of euro's worth of hardware..
And I've installed my new midi controller (about.. 200 times maybe?)
And now suddenly nothing works anymore..
I have no sound, I can't run programs anymore..
wtf man..
I need this crap to work I have a gig next friday..
I just feel like taking all this stuff and smash it with a gigantic hammer..
WHY doesn't ANYTHING work like intended.

Supah No0b

Postby LIGHTRONIX » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:43 pm

Should have bought a mac :wink:

sry that doesnt help at all

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby rokhausen » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:01 pm

i think the lesson is (and it's one i've learned before, several times) don't buy new gear and intend to use it out of the box when you have a gig next friday.

CoreCore Member

Postby Skornsteen » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:44 am

Hehe, yeah.. it still aint working..
And yes I should have bought a mac, but I'm saving money for a mac, only 2 more months and I can buy one.
I guess the performance will me done.. by mouse..
:roll:

CoreCore Member

Postby Skornsteen » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:34 pm

Well I've got stuff working now.. hot as I intended too but it works.
I have linked my midi keyboard to a adrumcomputer and then trough a distortion to my mixer.
Nowe what I find missing in my setup is some sort of sampling wayy.
I want to use premade melodies and bassline live, 'improvize on those' with my keyboard.
What I had in mind was bring a CD deck with playing it from there, but I also want some sort of control over it.
I also thought I can buy.. another midi controler and put a sort of sampler between it, but then sample's have to be able to be loaded in, and I need like at least 8 samples for bass hits en at least 4 for covals then maybe 1 or 20 special effects on it or so.
Any suggestions?

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:16 am

what software/daw were/are you running?

CoreCore Member

Postby Skornsteen » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:29 am

Ableton Live.. but I'm not going to use any software in my set, or at least I'm not gonna take my laptop with me or anything like that, just my Custom made flight case build for instant playing fun :D
But then I still need to find out some sort of thing where I can load samples in too and play them with that peace of hardware, so without any software involved (live)

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby rokhausen » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:33 am

by next friday??? dude, just use yr laptop for now! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:22 am

macs are much more reliable for interfacing with hardware. pcs are a nightmare when it comes to drivers, especially for older midi controllers that might not have updated new drivers. if i had the money, id have a cheap mac laptop, juice the ram, and put only ablton, reason, and serato on it.

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:56 pm

HORSE FORCE wrote:macs are much more reliable for interfacing with hardware. pcs are a nightmare when it comes to drivers, especially for older midi controllers that might not have updated new drivers. if i had the money, id have a cheap mac laptop, juice the ram, and put only ablton, reason, and serato on it.

Save up cause in the near future serato will work inside ableton probably by re-wire or some neat way like max for live.

n0Ob

Re : I hate hardware

Postby smedleyamy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:28 am

Hi Skornsteen,

No need to hammer all the expensive things which you have brought. Try to reassemble all things properly and show the problem to the vendor.If it not so, try to check by yourself and assemble it. Take a certain things in your mind while buying a new gears , first check its configuration and see it is proper connected with the midi controller.If this all listing are working condition then buy that hardware.Do one thing buy the mac hardware with least price.

Thanks

Supah No0b

Postby The Youth in Asia » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:38 am

When you say you want effects on samples do you mean like a box where it does the effects "in-box" or are you using external effects pedals/processors? I use my mpc for most samples and jut process them before I put 'em in the mpc this works pretty well for that kind of stuff.

Elite!

Postby Stazma » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:59 pm

Everybody want Mac hehehe. For me mac or PC is the same. In mac yu can't change anything in your hardware configuration (Ram, hardrive ect) but it will always work good; but for me PC are like a modular synth hehehe you can change anything when you want but you have to be realy carefull with virus and all that shit.
But if you buy PC laptop I always advice Dell cause they are fuckin unbreakable, I have mine since 2 years and it always wotk like the fisrt day I have i !

Return to Hardware