looking for a first controller

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Most Valuable Poster!

looking for a first controller

Postby divtech » Wed May 06, 2009 10:19 pm

i have little to no experience with these but after playing some sets getting the hang of things im really looking into getting some type of controller

i use ableton so as i would see, compatibility should be the least of my issues,
i just want something with a pad and some knobs :)

recently iv been looking into:
-padkontrol
-triggerfinger
-mpd24

any suggestions?

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Thu May 07, 2009 1:19 am

This
http://www.akaipro.com/apc40

Good luck getting one at the moment since they are pretty much sold out since release. Atleast thats what an ableton guy has told me. I had my heart set on one, but now I'm just going to wait till June/July for the next wave of shipments of em to come in.

I use a trigger finger live and know a bunch of people that do too. But I think people seem to like the mpd 24 better, since its built more sturdy. Trigger Fingers are a bit fragile in the knob/slider department. Mines still in great condition cause I baby it(well not the pads..I bang the hell out em). I also had an issue with it which seemed to be something with older models, but I've loved it ever since I got it setup and working right.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Thu May 07, 2009 1:36 am

rtificial wrote:This

Good luck getting one at the moment since they are pretty much sold out since release. Atleast thats what an ableton guy has told me. I had my heart set on one, but now I'm just going to wait till June/July for the next wave of shipments of em to come in.

I use a trigger finger live and know a bunch of people that do too. But I think people seem to like the mpd 24 better, since its built more sturdy. Trigger Fingers are a bit fragile in the knob/slider department. Mines still in great condition cause I baby it(well not the pads..I bang the hell out em). I also had an issue with it which seemed to be something with older models, but I've loved it ever since I got it setup and working right.

oooooh thats pretty :)

thanks fo the reply, i think the mpd24 is my best bet for right now, fits within my price range and it seems to have all the capabilities i need

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Thu May 07, 2009 1:45 am

divtech wrote:
rtificial wrote:This

oooooh thats pretty :)

thanks fo the reply, i think the mpd24 is my best bet for right now, fits within my price range and it seems to have all the capabilities i need

Ask stazma about em, I think he owns, loves and uses one.

Return to Hardware