mini kaos pad vs kaos pad 2

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb

mini kaos pad vs kaos pad 2

Postby Cluster » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:45 am

Hi peeps

My kaos pad 2 just packed it in and I want a replacement. I cant afford a kP3 and only really want something cheap for my live sets cos I break stuff when I lug it around!

I'm tempted by the mini kaos pad cos its so small and runs off batteries. I was just wondering what the quality of the effects was like.

Have any of you heard the mini KP or know anything about its patches? Are they better than the KP2 and matching/approaching the KP3 effects?

If they arent any better than the KP2 I might just get another KP2 cos they're roughly the same price now and I like flashy backlit screens :D

Supah No0b

Postby Thinmen » Mon May 04, 2009 8:01 pm

Get a mini KP!

the effects are way better... for breakcore that is... and if you dont use the midi control function ( who is btw?) it is a cheap solution :)

check the site of korg for the sounds:http://www.korg.nl/products.html

(click on Kaoss Pad miniKP Audio Demos)

cheers!

Pwncall Member

Postby brokoloid » Thu May 07, 2009 11:16 am

you can also get a korg mixer with built in KP ;)

Hardcore Member

Postby Warpsmasher » Fri May 08, 2009 4:28 pm

Mini KP doesn't have midi, and I believe it's based on the KP1 effects-wise. The midi on the KP2 is also pretty useless. I see people selling their KP3s on Craigslist pretty often; you could probably nab a used one for $250 if you live in a substantially sized city and keep an eye on the music instruments section. You can get them used and cheap from ebay too. Also maybe try an Alesis AirFX, which you should be able to score for under $100.

Breakcore Member

Postby Cobre S. Junior » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:42 am

My KP Mini works pretty good. The effects are rly nice, but I don't know how the KP2 works, so I donnu.
For me the KP Mini is perfect. Small, portable...
It's also cheap, so, ok.

n3wb

Postby wood » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:23 am

i found that the kp3 had some really cool vocal effects
without all of you, there would be no me!

CoreCore Member

Postby larsby » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:24 am

I really do enjoy my miniKp, so much that I'm thinking of buying one more. that would be a great addition to one of my set's.

The only thing I'm missing is a looper with overdub on it, to bad the miniKp doesent have it.

Pwncall Member

Postby brokoloid » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:38 pm

i own mini KP and i use it a lot over my sets. but I HATE how it puts the dB down - it's almost 3 times less than without it... and i dont know how to remove the delay in every effect (i'm dividing the tempo by 2 or 4 and making it the smallest number possible but it's still very annoying)

i think of buying some KP2 from ebay or smth

Return to Hardware