nano is nice!

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

N0oO0obZoR

nano is nice!

Postby abel » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:09 am

Just got my nanoPad and nanoKonrol some days ago, just wanted to mention how awesome these things are and they are dirt cheap! the kontrol is very versatile and playing softsynths/basslines with the pad is nice too, and ofcourse making beats! x-y pad aswell... Tried with ableton live and it works real smooth, same thing in renoise, tho i have version 1.9 so i cant figure out if i can map shit to other things than just dsp sliders! do you have a fix for that? :/

Pwner

Postby phleg » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:46 pm

i thought it was nanoloop...

Three Poster

Postby NFN » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:16 pm

i also thought it was nanoloop

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:20 pm

I Can Never Find A Full Version Of Nanoloop.
But It Is Sorta Nice.
Those Korg Controllers Look Awesome Though!
If I Ever Had To Get A New Midi Setup Those Would Be First On My List (Knobs And Sliders)

Pwner

Postby phleg » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:12 am

MarkyPoo wrote:I Can Never Find A Full Version Of Nanoloop.
But It Is Sorta Nice.
Those Korg Controllers Look Awesome Though!
If I Ever Had To Get A New Midi Setup Those Would Be First On My List (Knobs And Sliders)

i have full version of nanoloop, if you want, just PM me.. :)

Postby TechDiff » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:05 pm

Yar, the nano controllers are really nice. I bought myself one of the drum pad ones just before Xmas. Really nice it is too, feels pretty solid and nice n versitile. Only shitty with em is that to mess about with it proper you need the config software for it which doesnt come in the box. Just a bit of a pain tbh.

Also, the XY on it feels a bit rough, not exactly a kaos pad, but yeah for £40 cant really complain. I dunno about the keys or slider ones. Key definately looks on the wrong side of shit though.

n3wb

Postby tehforsterer » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:53 pm

The key is pretty terrible, and Nanoloop 1.x is amazing, go buy the cart.
I'm Teh.

You may or may not recognize me from the 8bc.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby rokhausen » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:12 pm

my kontrol feels like it's going to break in my hands, knobs and sliders are a bit shaky, but for 60 usd it's a nifty transport interface... just need to be careful when packing it in my bag. don't want it to snap in half :roll:

have yet to explore the config app

N0oO0obZoR

Postby abel » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:08 pm

yeah seems to be prety fragile, i just put mine back in the bubblewrap and then in my laptop backpack and its ok. its really nice to dj with the kontrol, in ableton theres a dj effects deck and then i tried instajungle and some other effects aswell, tho i would like one larger crossfader .... having some problems laying down simple beats with the pad lately, seems like theres some kind of lag, i hit the pad and then the sound comes like a few mili seconds later, maybe my laptop needs an external soundcard to boost response time?

the editor software is easy to use, but i havent used it too much other than too see what its capable of. the original layout is pretty ok. the controllers have four "scenes" and thats about four too many for me right now, this is my first midi controllers so im still amazed i can change sound with them!

n3wb

Postby tehforsterer » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:06 pm

I dont have a lag issue with response to the pad, and I'm running it through Live 7 on a Netbook.

Maybe check your settings?
I'm Teh.

You may or may not recognize me from the 8bc.

Postby kloakatriposa » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:19 pm

they´re so fragile... my nanokontrol fell while performing live and the usb (and half of the circuit) just explode!

Supah No0b

Postby chistorra » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:38 pm

ellos son muy buenos, yo poseo 2 nanokontrols y son muy arrechisimos esos cacharros, super recomendados! saludos

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:49 pm

chistorra wrote:ellos son muy buenos, yo poseo 2 nanokontrols y son muy arrechisimos esos cacharros, super recomendados! saludos

Wow, thats very easy to understand. I really wanna get nanoKontrol, ever since I first saw it. This be what I got for now though

just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

Hardcore Member

Postby czar3030 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:42 am

abel wrote:having some problems laying down simple beats with the pad lately, seems like theres some kind of lag, i hit the pad and then the sound comes like a few mili seconds later, maybe my laptop needs an external soundcard to boost response time?

Mine was the same until I adjusted the latency lower. Now its right on! Anyone know what the fuck latency is anyway?? Should I have not lowered it to less that 15? Any info?

Pwner

Postby DISEMBOWELLED » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:59 pm

^ bigger latency = more stability basically. by lowering it you'll get faster response but worse sound quality so its a bit of a gamble

yeah I have a nanokontrol its pretty awesome, and much more convenient than lugging my big emu xboard around

Return to Hardware