Trigger Finger

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Trigger Finger

Postby azerbaijani » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:52 am

i was wondering if anyone here has an M-Audio Trigger Finger, if so what do you think of it?

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:18 pm

I Intend On Buying One.
I Figured That I Could Trigger FX With The Pads.
I Just Need The Money.

As Far As Sequencing Goes Aren't They Only Good For Like... Hip Hop?

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:07 pm

I've had one for a few years now. They are made for being like an MPC, but you can use them for more than hip hop. I use mine in some unconvential ways for example a DJ mixer.

The only complaints I've got and some of my friends are:
1. They don't take a beating too well, so be gentle with them when packing/traveling with them. Sliders coming off, knobs coming off. So far mine still looks and works great.

2. M-audio doesn't pack a good instruction booklet with it and the .pdf you can DL from the site is confusing as hell. I have just recently properly setup mine by hand and getting 90% more out of it.

3. Also I think the older verisons have problem with power dropouts. For example mine will quit responding in ableton for no reason. So I bought an AC adapter for it and it seemed to fix the problem a bit. A friend of mine said his did the same, but his dad's newer one didn't do that.

But yea, if you use ableton this is a nice match with it. Ableton has settings for it already and you can map whatever you want to the sliders, knobs and pads that you want. I've used mine for making beats, triggering samples, mashing drum breaks, playing simple melodies, as a DJ rig with the fader assigned to a knob. It's all up to how crafty you are with it and software.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby rokhausen » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:01 pm

i love mine. i often map the pressure-sensitivity controls to things like fx send levels and other fx parameters in ableton. controlling a beat repeat unit this way is lots of fun.

Return to Hardware