Electribes

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Three Poster

originality

Postby punkass » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:34 am

I think the trick with the electribes, especially with the synths, is proper effects processing. if you hook up the ea and the er to your sound system and just play around, you tend to get a sort of thin or undynamic sound, but if the signal is put through a decent distortion effect, and reverb and filters are added, you can get awesome and grimy reults.

Also try using a compressor with the er. that unit simply lags punch without it.

Supah No0b

Postby zbpunk » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:03 pm

I have korg emx1+kp3, for live it´s really good, i also want to get esx, but now i´m using emx and kp3 + sometimes ableton. I use emx both for drums and synths, but you must play bit more to edit drums to make it sound "breakcoreish" (haha), i often kick it with drum samples from kp3+loop and grain shifter effects on it.

Supah No0b

Postby anthelmintic » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:06 am

have a newly bought em-1 and its fun. electribes are cool.

Supah No0b

Postby deathstar » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:56 am

yeah, me too. I have the em-1.

how do you use it?

Three Poster

Postby Sand -Live- » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:14 pm

Korg are the Best^^ I love my ESX-SD and the emu on the IPad ^^

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:17 am

ive got the emx1 and use it as sequencer to trigger other synths and a drumcomputer, also i use it as an additional drumcomputer itself with the 5 synths as well.

so thats used as a soundengine itself and as sequencer to trigger other hardware.

you can also use the electribe as a module. use your daw to trigger the electribe with or without a keyboard. or just send midi notes/drum triggers.

i think its a pretty good allround piece of hardware. it has a great range of possibilities to work with. yet it has bounderies.

for one example: the knobs are pot meters and can be used by selecting the synth/drum you want to edit. when you select anouther synth/drum and edit the same parameter it doesn't pick up were you left it (because it's a potmeter). that causes huge value jumps.

anouther point is you have only two separate stereo channels out. 1/2 and 3/4. i use the 1/2 for drums out and 3/4 for synths. it would have been much nicer if they putted more outs on the box.

Previous

Return to Hardware