Kaos Pad

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Three Poster

Postby djfuckingdinosaurs » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:45 pm

Does anyone use ReNoise and KP? I'm wondering how the interfacing tends to work, especially when free-tracking live or for recorded sessions to be snipped and rearranged at a later date. Also, what is the deal with the latest kaos pad versus the old ones with like 60 built-in effects? I see 4 hundo on ebay for the new one with the GUI that's pretty and all, but like an average hundo for the older stuff. Shouldn't I just drop it on an old one and rely on the crazier effects to be pre-signal from RENoise?

Breakcore Member

Re: Kaos Pad

Postby cornishacid » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:30 pm

OUTLAW wrote:Does anyone have any comments on Kaos pads for production / live mixing . which it could be best used for and possible set ups.

Ayup bruv.

Contort has got pretty good at using his for live mixing. Are you living in plymouth now? you should pay him a visit.

see you friday.

Breakcore Member

Postby cornishacid » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:32 pm

azerbaijani wrote:can u plug a guitar into the kp3? im sure i saw a video on youtube with some1 doing it, but i cant find it now :(

before i remembered you can lock effects i had the funniest mental image of playing a kaos pad with my toes.

n3wb

Postby asami yamazaki » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:13 pm

My mini-kp was only $100 used and it's wonderful. I don't really use it for production...but live it's amazing.

Supah No0b

Postby UBAHgypak » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:29 pm

I stay hours with KP2

CoreCore Member

Postby Skornsteen » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:08 pm

If you use it live, I whould only use it for the effects, or to controll stuff with the X/Y pad, the sampler is very inconveniant.
If you want to produce music with it, I recommend using it in software that supports live recording of automation.
It's a pretty useless machine for trackers and such.
Also the Kaoss pad has the so called 'EZ mode' mixing function.
You can just use the hold/retrigger effect and in that time turn of the first track and put in the second, also very handy if you suck at mixing, or you don't get it beatmatched in time.

Previous

Return to Hardware