What does V Snares use for live sets?

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby rokhausen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:42 pm

a friend of mine plays live with renoise a lot...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8M_kvK5Q3I
he said he uses a lot of custom key bindings, not much mouse

Breakcore Member

Postby baconhanger » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:48 am

when i saw vsnares, he was playing cds, drinkin beers, and pretending like he was turning knobs...

Postby kloakatriposa » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:21 pm

HORSE FORCE wrote:he essentially plays his tracks directly from cds that he burns, pretending to turn knobs that do something. being a listener of virtually his whole catalogue, i have studied him and he does not do much when he is onstage.

since this bothers me so much, i am working on writing software that will be better than ableton live for doing live breakcore. i will have videos once a beta is up and running

Man, that´ll be so sweet for us all breakcore ableton live users!

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:38 am

baconhanger wrote:when i saw vsnares, he was playing cds, drinkin beers, and pretending like he was turning knobs...

he loves becks. he is also a good actor. his main advantage is that his repitoire is so huge that he can bust out stuff that not many people in the audience know. then he can pretend he's doing more than he is.

his live show is mostly just an excuse to get drunk and try to dance in 7/4.

Hardcore Member

Postby epilektric » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:36 pm

The only time I've ever seen Snares play live was at The Barn in Wisconsin for one of the WTW parties. Back then he was using a tracker program, maybe it was Renoise. It appears that he was running two instances of it and basically trying to mix tracks the way a DJ would mix records.

Based on that old setup, it sounds like CD decks would be the next logical step so I can't say I'm surprised to hear that's what he's using now.

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:33 pm

As for the turning of knobs - When he played in Dublin last, he was a whore for the retriggering (or delay offset or whatever), stopped what he was doing a few times and then just raped the fuck out of that knob, kinda smiling about the rotten noise he was making.
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:45 am

S2K08 wrote:As for the turning of knobs - When he played in Dublin last, he was a whore for the retriggering (or delay offset or whatever), stopped what he was doing a few times and then just raped the fuck out of that knob, kinda smiling about the rotten noise he was making.

haha yeah i saw him a little while back and the last about 8 min of his set was just this incredibly grim wretched sound that slaughtered everyone in the audience
i liked it, but i admit it was quite gruesome

Postby mindkontrolultra » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:31 pm

usually he plays cds i think

Hardcore Member

Postby Ridylan G » Wed May 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Ya, I saw him play in vancouver and I was behind the stage. He used Renoise for intense 808 and 909 drums run through lots of digital distortion and used a 303 with modified blue lights built in. All plugged in to the same dj mixer, he started to mix tracks from cdj's with his 303 and renoise it was pretty gangster and totally called for because it was may 3rd.

Hardcore Member

Postby Ridylan G » Wed May 19, 2010 4:05 pm

epilektric wrote:The only time I've ever seen Snares play live was at The Barn in Wisconsin for one of the WTW parties. Back then he was using a tracker program, maybe it was Renoise. It appears that he was running two instances of it and basically trying to mix tracks the way a DJ would mix records.

Based on that old setup, it sounds like CD decks would be the next logical step so I can't say I'm surprised to hear that's what he's using now.
Yeah, this is how he used to play sets. Its really easy to do this just rewire one instance of the application to another and set a knob on a midi controller to each volume knob a walla! Xanopticon uses two laptops both running FL, but renoise takes up such a small amount of cpu u could do the same thing on one laptop!!

Pwncall Member

Postby brokoloid » Thu May 27, 2010 11:19 am

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby AfA62 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:02 pm

pretty awesome! the way he launch loops is kinda random but damn! it sound GOOD!

Postby ErotiCore SteNch » Thu May 27, 2010 3:51 pm

brokoloid wrote:look at that dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XDmnGv_eLU

thats how i make my tracks

renoise,novation launchpad,then record it with voxengo recorder

import into live intro and arrange

Pwncall Member

Postby brokoloid » Mon May 31, 2010 1:36 am

Supah No0b

Postby Spets » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:13 am

Haven't seen V.Snares live before... Seems he does all the hard work at home. lol
But I've seen Hoonboy, Teknoist, and Drumcorps live in Lebanon, believe me these guys do not use CDJs.

PreviousNext

Return to Hardware