Korg nanoSeries

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Korg nanoSeries

Postby xTxRxAxVxIxSx » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:20 pm

Korg is introducing the nanoSeries line of digital music controllers. There will be three USB-powered models: a 25-key velocity sensitive mini keyboard (nanoKEY), a 12-pad mini drumpad (nanoPAD), and a 9-fader mini mixer (nanoKONTROL). As you can see they're clearly intended for use with a laptop running the Korg Legacy Collection synthesizer software or similar, and nicely integrate with the white MacBook.

The Korg nanoSeries is expected in October for around $100 - $120 each.

For that price, these are kind of hard to pass up, IMO. They'd be really good for beginners especially - I just wonder how well they're made. Like, those knobs/faders on the nanoKONTROL could be very cheaply made, and I wonder if the pads on the nanoPAD are the same or as good as the PadKONTROL's. I can say right now that the keyboard looks like a piece of crap; they aren't even 'real' keys, they're like pads themselves arranged like a keyboard. I seriously might buy the nanoKONTROL if it turns out to be any good, and maybe the pad too - for $200-$240 total, I think that's pretty nice. And they're all bus-powered, so that's nice too.

What do you guys think?

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:36 pm

Sweet zombie Jesus! They are pure sex!

CoreCore Member

Postby 133crazydirector » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:19 pm

I guess only for transportation=))))
Hahaahah))
I would fuck dem both :twisted:

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:49 am

Heh I just stumbled across these too and was reading about em. Yea I'm interested in the control one too myself. I'd like to see em in person to see how heavy duty they are. This might be some good competition to the fader fox series.

n3wb

Postby tehforsterer » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:52 pm

I own these and theyre awesome.

So small and portable.
I'm Teh.

You may or may not recognize me from the 8bc.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:56 pm

God I Love These So Hard.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:42 am

has anyone inspected the quality of the faders on the nanokontrol?

im really looking into getting one or just making one, but the price on these is just so low it might actualy be less expensive

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:27 am

$50 street price

pretty good, especially for breakcore. ive fucked with these at a technology convention and theyre pretty cool. velocity sensitive doesnt mean much for breakcore stuff however. personally, i like having really sturdy knobs and faders, and as many buttons as possible. the easiest way to get more buttons for ableton is get an external keyboard and put it on caps lock.

Hardcore Member

Postby epilektric » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:51 pm

The nanoKontrol looks like a good candidate for Ableton. I wonder what the latency is like with those two paired up.

Breakcore Member

Postby Cobre S. Junior » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:39 am

HORSE FORCE wrote:$50 street price

pretty good, especially for breakcore. ive fucked with these at a technology convention and theyre pretty cool. velocity sensitive doesnt mean much for breakcore stuff however. personally, i like having really sturdy knobs and faders, and as many buttons as possible. the easiest way to get more buttons for ableton is get an external keyboard and put it on caps lock.
:lol:
Ya, they seem cool. I have no moneh, so nuthin fo a while.

N0oO0obZoR

Postby idontsnipe » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:12 am

good if you travel a lot. otherwise save up for something a bit more durable. dropping these things on the ground renders them broken.

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:41 am

HORSE FORCE wrote:$50 street price

get an APC 40, TONS of buttons, sturdy crossfader, knobs, sliders built Akai tough. Then hopefully when max for live comes out there will be some cool patches to get to turn it into different things.

Three Poster

Postby Neurophage » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:24 pm

This is good stuff... but anyway nobody speak about the major problem of this kind of controlers. I mean the USB capacity of your computeur.
Because actualy with the all the new USB controler your computeur look like more than a funcking spagetty dish than a music studio... They never invente a good way to limite the USB connectic...

Supah No0b

Postby Philosophy of a Knife » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:35 pm

I like my nanokorgs, they're handy. Definately not replacements for larger more durable versions, but damn handy for what they are :)

Pwncore Member

Postby Sir.Vixx » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:47 pm

Love nanokontrol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next

Return to Hardware