NI Traktor Scratch

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

NI Traktor Scratch

Postby gigassassin » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:18 pm

Anybody have any experience?

When I become a civilian again in a year and a half, I'm going to find myself with some money to spend and eager to get playing shows again, so these days I spend a lot of time dreaming.

I've been looking into it a little bit, and I think that a couple 1200s and Traktor could be a good setup, being that it supposedly plays WAVs or MP3s as if they were on records. I figure I could make a bunch of different mixes of my tracks, with parts taken out and others with just one part...etc. and fuck with them to maximum aural pleasure, manipulating the records, adding effects, throwing a sampler and a midi controller into the mix as well.

Basically, I'm concerned about the ability I'd have to switch out the tracks in a practical manner. Of course I'll spend a considerable amount of time practicing, but I need to know that it's a realistic goal before I throw down on some decks, a mixer, the program, and probably a new computer.

Has anybody seen/used this program live?

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:39 am

Most people I know prefer Serato Scratch instead but I haven't heard a bad word about either. If I had the time, money and ability, this is what I'd be using.

Return to Hardware