Midi Controller for live Breakcore?

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby Fez » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:28 pm

rtificial wrote:
Trying using a USB hub with it. Plug in the USB hub, then plug your trigger finger and whatever other midi devices you use(if any else) in too. Should straighten it out a bit.

good thinking batman
:)
will try that out

Postby kloakatriposa » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:23 pm

Behringer bcr2000 is pretty useful, and if you need some faders you shall try korg nanokontrl. Thery my standard live gear and I can say you can control EVERYTHING

CoreCore Member

Postby Skornsteen » Thu May 28, 2009 5:04 pm

I use a Korg MicroKontrol since recently, before that I had a M-audio Oxygen 2 or something like that.
I also have a kaoss pad 3, but I don't use it for midi anymore.

CoreCore Member

Postby larsby » Fri May 29, 2009 10:40 am

I'm using a korg padcontrol

and shit I built myself
http://www.larsby.com/johan/moanonme/
video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDU4idUm0Ms

N0oO0obZoR

Postby Peggy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:38 pm

Nanokontrol, in my opinion, is great, it's small and portable midi controller and haves 4 scenes for 9 knobs, 9 fader and 18 smallpads, with transport control in the left! GREAAAAAAAAAAT

Elite!

Postby Stazma » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:30 pm

The new novation PadLaunch (or Launchpad) specialy designed for using Ableton Live seem to be realy exellent ! And realy small.

I have to try it hehehe

Breakcore Member

Postby nethiros » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:26 am

i'mma try and get a launchpad for xmas too, let's hope there are still some left then... the gamecontroller-idea mentioned earlier in the thread sounds totally ace, i actually got some obscure program to use ps2-controllers by some internet stranger i met at an imageboard but lost it due to a hdd-crash...

any suggestions on how to use console controllers as midi-devices or should i just search the forums for that?

Postby ErotiCore SteNch » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:43 pm

im using a nocturn in renoise

Pwncall Member

Postby brokoloid » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:35 pm

akai lpd8 and korg nano series are useful and cheap :)

Supah No0b

Postby Mavis Concave » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:09 am

Saw a few people in this thread interested in the Novation Nocturn. I'm selling mine if anyone is interested:

http://www.ihatebreakcore.com/modules.p ... pic&t=4978

Let me know!

Pwncall Member

Postby s-n-s » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:39 pm

ive started using the launchpad to trigger patterns in renoise,and nocturn for effects

awesome live mangling

Supah No0b

Postby 3.14casso » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:45 pm

I use the AKAI MPD - 32. And with your axioms you can do anything, of course, looking at which program you work and what you sabiraeshsya use it, your controller would fit perfectly for programs like ableton.

Postby TechDiff » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:49 am

Using a beat up Oxygen 8, one of them Korg nano pad jobs, and laptop keyboard.

Its worth spending a bit of time looking at what you can do with whats already attached to your laptop. Very easy to turn your trackpad into a XY controller, or to action all manor of events with the keboard, and doesnt cost anything..

I've also modded or coded some stuff for games controllers to be used as midi controls. Wiimote is pretty good fun, and easy too! got an old arcade joystick which has got some good bashable buttons on it (and a turbo switch =D), and just strated working on a psudo vr headtracking thing my house mate had. Should be a laff.

Xbox style controllers are also pretty easy to use, shit loads of progs to convert them to midi data, glove pie is a very good one to try, but you'll need some kinda midi routing program, or send it out n back in the box via a midi over USB device.

Its a bit of a hobby, turning shit into midi controllers. previous experimaents have included.. Typewritters, garden trowels, stylophones, fingers, ping pong tables and gamelan gongs.

Would also say, its worth looking at old yamaha keyboards =D Got one for 5 quid from a thrift shop, sounds are poop, but its got a 3 octave keyboard, 10 drum pads, and a midi out!!!! No velocity response, but ah well, for 5 pound it kicks the crap out of a £250 novation.

Really just wanna get proper good at soldering so I can make own, but my eyesite is so poor i often just melt everything I try to make. I dislike the way that working practices, and especially live performance, is shaped by the kind of control used, should really be the other way round imo.

Should really get into Arduino or even the pocket midi stuff from Doepfer, but its really time consuming and expencive.

Supah No0b

Postby hardcorefreak » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:47 pm

darkcore my favo

n0Ob

Postby alisammii » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:22 am

Now I will read time to time that...

Waqt News

Previous

Return to Hardware