Cubase - in 2014

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

Cubase - in 2014

Postby rk9 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:58 pm

So on RVLT festival there was mentioned Defomer still works with Cubase and meanwhile I tried different things but I had to learn cubase for high-school so when I was 13 till my 16th I had done a lot on a outdated version of cubase and in a studio of a music shop with I think it was Cubase 5 I worked with it.

So now I know everytime I gonna mention I work with Cubase I probably gonna hear does it still excist or do people still exactly work with it.
I did work in Abelton, LMMS, Collabs I did were in Fruity Loops & Audiotool.
I didn't missed much about Cubase but at a point I started working more different more audio inputs instead of Samples.
I knew what fruity loops was capable of and I loved it when I got the right stuff or like be able to find it at least without opening op a browser and well there is just a few things I like to know.

Does anyone else besides me and deformer still work with it? ;)
If so are there simulair or exact same tools as Grossbeat?
What is the best way to use slicers or beatcrushers in your opinion?

And maybe does any one has a good simulair idea of effecting this way? max 3 VST cause I needed about 9 effects to get something near in Abelton Live

Elite!

Re: Cubase - in 2014

Postby ohmega sir » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:50 am

i tried cubase years ago could never really get in to it tho, (same a renoise)
i used to know alot of hardcore producers who used it but most have moved to ableton now
would be intresting to see how you produce with it tho
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

CoreCore Member

Postby rk9 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:27 am

Sure I will put up some vids but it might take a month maybe even too I have to finish a EP in Ableton have been on the shelf for a month or 2 almost done just mastering I can show some of the basics drumscore, midi & samples are pretty easy to get in it isn't that different from abelton with samples and I think it;'s easier then Fruity Loops to use the DrumScore & Piano Roll just have to import a few sample banks.

So I possible will upload a vid of mastering before producing/writing.

Break Rapist
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 3 votes

Postby BreakforceOne » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:32 am

FL Slicer = Sex!
Stick with it
https://www.facebook.com/BreakforceOne || https://soundcloud.com/breakforce-one

I am a Admin. Kneel before me!

CoreCore Member

Postby rk9 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:39 am

BreakforceOne wrote:FL Slicer = Sex!
Stick with it

If I can find a way to import it in Cubase yes but I gave up on ever feeling comfortable with fruity loops tried it again for 2 months but nope I don't wanna even know the run time of FL on my lap top I keep it on it for collabs.

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:44 pm

BreakforceOne wrote:FL Slicer = Sex!
Stick with it

I love flslicer i still use it all the time and just rewire it into Ableton(i assume you can do this in Cubase too) ive never really been a massive fan of composing in FL (but thats just a personal choice) i like to grab a bunch of drums sounds i like and lay them out in the FL sequencer in no rhythm or anything and record them all as one sample in Edison then import them into FLSlicer and fuck about with them!

and RK9 take your time with stuff man no need to rush a video or anything would just be cool to see whenever you want
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

CoreCore Member

Postby rk9 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:37 pm

Fully midi composed in Cubase gotta say I love that drum kit lot of work left.

Bit crushers & Distortion are ready for part B which probably will be more sample based instand of midi/instrument track.
I made this in an afternoon really suprised with the bank of midi presets & samples cubase elements had.

CoreCore Member

Postby rk9 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:32 pm

Fully produced and mastered in an evening in Cubase

New alias with guitar 808 & more drums ;)

Return to Software