downloading a software

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Pwncall Member

downloading a software

Postby the shallow stairs » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:51 pm

hey, i am totally new to making breakcore, i listened to it, loved it, and want to make it, i would like to get input on a software to download that is good for making aphex twin and venetian snares type tune, i tried renoise but for the life of me could not get it to work, please respond

n3wb

Postby Tektonic Plates » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:16 pm

Hi

You should really give renoise another chance it is really great. I had also a really hard time in the beginning with renoise but after a couple of tutorials you should be able to make some good sounding noise :twisted:

Sometimes i also use Proppelerheads Reason for my breaks and sounds but i bounce them down pretty soon and put them into renoise to mangle them some more.

You could try ableton live but i do not know much about that program.
Cubase is also an option but i find it hard to make really crazy breaks but others like it very much.

Just try everything and use what you like :D

Pwncall Member

Postby the shallow stairs » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:47 pm

thanks man! yea i will give renoise another shot, one of my friends might me able to explain it, and if not i will see if there are some videos about using it

n3wb

Postby Tektonic Plates » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:39 am

Ok i am a software junkie so i tried fL studio 7 today and i have to say that is also some good sh#t :shock:
Ofcourse i am having a hard time with it because i just don't know enough about it at the moment and that suckes :(

But perhaps it is something for you to look at.
I am also a total beginner with FL studio so perhaps somebody knows some good tutorials for me to begin with :?:

laterzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Postby DJ THUMPER! » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:48 am

the shallow stairs wrote:thanks man! yea i will give renoise another shot, one of my friends might me able to explain it, and if not i will see if there are some videos about using it

Search for ReNoise or Ableton Live on Youtube.com and you will learn the program pretty quickly.

I learned Ableton Live pretty intensely fast by only watching YouTube vids and trying out what I saw. One thing lead to another and I played my first show with Ableton Live just 2 months after getting it.

Return to Software