Writing synths to go on top of breakcore drums?

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb

Writing synths to go on top of breakcore drums?

Postby felixhelix » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:30 pm

Hi,
as the title says really, I have drums, but no synth arrangement that goes well in combination with the above, so I figured it may be helpful to see what other people do to write melodies atop their drummed mess...
regards,

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:37 pm

i just pick a random vsti and see what sounds I can get out of it. I've been using JunoX2 a lot recently, it's an old one but it sounds great. then just pick another one to augment it and add variation. add some random beeps + squonks and bang - instant superstar.

Elite!

Postby cuttingagent » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:57 am

i just open whatever vsti, make a noise i like, (i usually have to resample it at that point to save cpu) fuck around in piano roll or clone and variate to make a synth line, save a new version and see what vst effects will make it sound more lively (i find the north pole dist/delay vst works really well) and keep saving new different versions. then i have a handful of the same lines varying from clean to completely fucked, so i mix them together to see which ones sound good. sometimes i get what i want sooner than that but not always
([agent.)]

Postby mindkontrolultra » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:30 am

render out some shit.... i keep a few notes that sound good and hit alternate octaves in between the parts in the melody cuz it glitches it up nicely

Return to Software