FL efficience / hardwarerequierements

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Supah No0b

FL efficience / hardwarerequierements

Postby sir johnson thursday » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:51 am

HI!

I've recently bought a new laptop, also in order to be able to use more vsts at a time, having more active channels at once etc. ...
But to my surprise as I installed FL 8 and tried one of the demotracks it started stuttering and being overtaxed, showing that it uses realy much CPU (red line If you know what I mean).
I realy didn't expect this forethat I've got a 2,5GHZ dual core and 2GB ram, which should be enough for average complicatet tasks in Fl I guess. Of course I raised the samplelenght till it worked , but I'm not famliar with the other settings... (what do they mean? - how do they affect the efficience?)
I still have got the Impression that there must be something wrong in the relation between the capacitys the program seems to need and what it does at the end.
The Taskmanager shows that it uses 20-30% of the CPU...

Is it maybe because of the soundcart? Does it affect the way/speed of things done in FL, or is the sound "mixed" by the CPU and then just send "as one stream" to the soundcart for output?
Does FL maybe only use one of 2 cores or are there maybe problems with win 7?

wellwell alotof questions. hope I was precise enough describing what I mean.
I'm realy thankfull for every hint or solution.

Markus

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:35 pm

press F10 and go to audio settings, change the buffer (buffer speed I think, default is 512 i think) and see what difference it makes, this helped me once when I had trouble with lagging/skipping.

FL can be pretty gay, it likes crashing, especially when distorting stuff and on full volume, I've had to pull the battery out of my laptop to stop it "screaming" at me. Still fucking love it though.
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

Three Poster

Postby gargantul » Sat May 08, 2010 10:19 am

Do you know when the next FL is coming ? I think it's the 9.0

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Mon May 10, 2010 11:48 am

Sometimes it feels like a very demanding program indeed.

Have you installed asio4all drivers?, that usually helps a lot.
http://flstudio.image-line.com/help/htm ... s_wave.htm

Also try the things that S2K08 said.

Return to Software