Tracks being too loud or too quiet when mixing in Ableton.

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

Tracks being too loud or too quiet when mixing in Ableton.

Postby Wobbatha Christie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:41 pm

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can share a few tips and techniques on evening out the sound levels on tunes when mixing in Ableton Live.
I'm having alot of problems due to different bit rates or tracks being to quiet or to loud, so is there anyway to sort this without doing the obvious and increasing and decreasing the volume?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby miskibaul » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:16 am

ok, ill tell you, but you can't tell anyone else. this is strictly a secret that is only used in the top producing circles of breakcore artists. you have to dig really deep into Ableton to find it, but here it is.......

*edit* dammit, why did you have to ruin all my fun by saying w/o increasing or decreasing the volume. (even though that is what you are talking about).
fuck it, im leaving it here.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:15 am

im not really sure what youre asking, make a song louder withought increasing the volume

if you mean without increasing the volume in ableton you could open it in audacity and change the volume there

if you mean making the song sound fuller or better withought raising or lowering volume you could be talking about equalizing or mastering, neither of which really change the volume but would still make tracks better sounding together, both are in the effects rack somewhere

in evening out the sound you could just mean trying to keep certian tracks from going over the little red threshold thing, then youd need compression so you can make a song still loud but without the distortion of too much sound in one place

hope that kinda helps :/

Breakcore Member

Postby the_machine » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:48 am

jes i agree!! use compression eq and that sort of thing. next to that, buy this mf****: http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/ozone/
i love it
cheers
"Viel von sich reden kann auch ein Mittel sein, sich zu verbergen"

CoreCore Member

Postby Wobbatha Christie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:52 pm

divtech wrote:im not really sure what youre asking, make a song louder withought increasing the volume

if you mean without increasing the volume in ableton you could open it in audacity and change the volume there

if you mean making the song sound fuller or better withought raising or lowering volume you could be talking about equalizing or mastering, neither of which really change the volume but would still make tracks better sounding together, both are in the effects rack somewhere

in evening out the sound you could just mean trying to keep certian tracks from going over the little red threshold thing, then youd need compression so you can make a song still loud but without the distortion of too much sound in one place

hope that kinda helps :/

Yeah mate, making the sound fuller was what I meant, I'll try the compression idea, thanks lot.

Return to Software