ableton live mash-up racks?what do you use?

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Pwncall Member

ableton live mash-up racks?what do you use?

Postby s-n-s » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:33 pm

so i found this old ableton live LITE 7 version i had laying somewhere

was wondering if someone knows any good racks for mashing stuff up,that works with this version of live?

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:18 pm

Try browsing around the covert operators website they have various stuff for ableton for download. I haven't been in awhile...so I need to check em out too.

I pretty much make my own racks, effects and stuff. But I'm on version 8 and now there is no turning back....cause it formats effects, projects and stuff to only 8 if you open em up in 8. That kinda messed up some of my music projects since 8 shits on some of my old vsts I used too.

Pwncall Member

Postby s-n-s » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:24 am

yeah i dont have version 8,i dont even have a full version 7,just the lite version

Pwncall Member

Postby s-n-s » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:05 pm

a rack that i use alot in live lite is a rack called stereo beat cutter(i think)its that kind of stuff im looking for

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:35 am

That should be easy to make probably with just the panning and beat repeat, just experimenting around to find a sound you like, then mapping some controls to some knobs or buttons. Maybe if you feel funky adding more effects to the mix.

Just hold shift(if you are on a PC) and then click each effect to highlight em all, then right click and choose "group" and then save and name it. Then open up a blank rack and drag and drop that group into it and assign it to a knob. There ya go the start of making a rack.

Pwncall Member

Postby s-n-s » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:25 pm

rtificial wrote:
Just hold shift(if you are on a PC) and then click each effect to highlight em all, then right click and choose "group" and then save and name it. Then open up a blank rack and drag and drop that group into it and assign it to a knob. There ya go the start of making a rack.

just tried that in live LITE 7 and you apparantly cant group stuff there,only fold :(

that sucks

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby rokhausen » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:35 pm

not to be a dick, but you don't need a rack to mash things in live... all you need is a mouse and some patience

CoreCore Member

Postby Wobbatha Christie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:13 pm

Hmm, I'm interested now, its something I've been ignoring to be fair, I've always used third party VST's, is there any websites with people custom racks?

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:29 pm

With max for live things got even easier....or harder. Right out the box you have the buffer shuffler along with many other pluggos. I may dive into the buffer shuffler tonight and have some fun....maybe get under the hood of it too.

http://www.ableton.com/maxforlive

Oh and the loop shifter.

CoreCore Member

Postby pcpc18 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:38 pm

i route my tracks on ableton to 2 or more bus, where i put on each 3 beat repeater by ableton, 2 Timestretcher by dblue, 1 tapestop by dblue, some filters, & some other effects (bitcrush, flanger, delay), use midi learn to activate the dsp (trigger the repeater, the time stretch...) & enjoy ;)
<a href="http://soundcloud.com/ace-ov-spades">Latest tracks by Ace Ov Spades</a>

Return to Software