breakcore production with logic?

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb

breakcore production with logic?

Postby 21221 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:06 am

this has probably been discussed before, but what the hell...

from reading these forums i've noticed that the weapons of choice for breakcore production seem to be renoise and FL studio, with a few folks using ableton, and even fewer logic.

i use live and renoise (and fucking love them both), but logic is the program that i've actually worked with the longest.

who out there is using logic to create their breakcore tracks? i'd love to swap tips and tricks if you got 'em.

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:00 pm

not a big fan of logic for breakcore because of the sampler, which in my opinion is clumsy and inefficient. breakcore is all about the sampler and the sequencer, both of which are not built for the kind of "moused in" style of midi editing that a lot of breakcore artists use. the reason why people dig renoise so much is because the data entering is very much in line with a lot of the way breakcore producers "think." ableton is amazing for live performance, but when it comes to sequencing, it is pretty clumsy as well. when it comes to breakcore, whatever you find works for you is fine, but in my opinion, simplicity and efficiency is the key to good software and logic to me does not follow its namesake.

n3wb

Postby 21221 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:46 am

you basically summed up my feelings about breakcore production in logic. i was hoping someone out there had figured something out with the program that i had missed. the more i work on breakcore tracks, the less i use it.

i still like it for recording bands, audio for video, and scoring/arranging though.

CoreCore Member

Postby BOKO91 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:39 pm

I use Logic and I love it. Have found beat programming in logic to be a breeze. I use either the EXS 24 or Battery 3 to load up chopped breaks or multiple single hits. It does take time tho unless you hook up an arpeggiator to ur drum sampler in the enviroment window and set it to random, then you can just sit back and listen to instant random breakcore :D

Have got a renoise demo but it looks scary. Mite see if i can get to grips with it and then slave it to logic and have the best of both worlds!

n3wb

Postby 21221 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:01 pm

i may have to try that. i've worked in the environment before, it's powerful, but obtuse. don't be fooled by the renoise layout. it looks really daunting, but you get the hang of it quickly. slaving to logic would definitely allow the best of both worlds. i think i have a new project... thanks.

CoreCore Member

Postby BOKO91 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:43 pm

Here is the links for some glitched out crazyness in logic's enviroment

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTTIQX_AUAI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF8tp...eature=related

Three Poster

Postby Organic Chemistry » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:33 pm

I'm also a logic user, and Ialso love logic. It's not what you use but how you use it.

Return to Software