Have trouble deleting repeated Trojan Horse virus on comput

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Three Poster

Have trouble deleting repeated Trojan Horse virus on comput

Postby allenborder » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:43 am

I am having trouble getting rid of a repeating Trojan Horse virus on a computer using Symantec Endpoint Protection Version 11.0.4202.75. I have done the following: performed full scan in safe mode, used Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer, disconnected computer from network, updated virus...

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Try downloading other virus scanners, like kaspersky and avira, try to remove it with that, it is also important to turn of system restore, some traces of the virus can still be found in it after removal, and can thus reinfect your computer.

I had something like you too like a couple of months ago, but my virus also prevented me to update any virus scanner, it succeeded in stopping me to connect to any update server :?

After a couple of weeks i finally got the virus gone.

I downloaded a fully updated kaspersky version, and it was able to remove the virus after i turned of system restore and disconnected from my network.

Just try to identify the virus first and if the program is not able to remove it, try a specific virus removal tool for the virus.

I hope this helps, virusses can really be a fucking pain in the ass to remove, if nothing helps back up the shit you want and format the drive.

:roll: Post about buying a mac below this line.:roll:
-------------------------------------------------

CoreCore Member

Postby pcpc18 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:06 pm

fuck shitty antivirus programs, locate the trojan emplacement (via the task manager), boot up in safe mode, & delete it yourself, then use msconfig.exe to prevent intempestive launching of the trojan by disabling it in the startup tab.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby fap* » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:28 pm

do you know which one you picked up?

get combofix;

http://www.combofix.org/
-
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofi ... e-combofix

also download;

GMER

http://www.gmer.net/

let me know if that does not fix it...fixing this shit is pretty much what a do for a living...so let me know.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::fap*:::::

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby rokhausen » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:55 pm

spend a week googling your problem and fixing it yourself. when your computer is all better and you've achieved a warm glow of self-satisfaction, come back and download all the user tracks and sample packs you want 8) 8) 8) 8)

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:18 pm

i thought trojans were supposed to protect you.

also, wrong forum for that buddy. who do you think we are, a bunch of people who sit around looking at computers all day??

Return to Software