Ableton 8 public beta

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

pixel mod

Ableton 8 public beta

Postby rtificial » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:29 am

It is now out in public beta. If you own a full verison of 1-7 you can DL the beta and give it a go. I'm about to download it myself and give the new effects and warping a run thru.

So don't stop get it get it!

http://www.ableton.com/nl211-beta

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:54 am

thx, will do

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:26 am

I'm just now playing around with it and man they are mega nice with the beta. They even let you give sampler, operator, a load of their multi sampler instruments and some other stuff a go too! I'm really going to give drum machine and analog a try too. Operator has been overhauled so I need to check that while at it.

So far I'm loving the new warping. It's more user friendly, faster and easier. The clip previews are awesome, now you can see the .wav file in a preview window, it loops and you can pick and choose areas to listen to in the preview window.

The new "zoom" feature for changing the size of ableton is kinda crazy too, I might have to tweek mine so I can put even more stuff on screen.

bbl time to play with more stuff and try out the new "grooves". Post up what you like and dislike!

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby rokhausen » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:39 pm

i didn't like the new warping scheme at first use, but it's growing on me... guess i'm used to the old way of having the wave profile stay put while you set points... the vocoder is sweet, much easier to setup than any equiv reaktor/max patch i've seen... the multiband comp and brickwall limiter are also pretty nice (why did it take this long???) tho i wish the multiband had more than 3 bands. guess something has to make us buy live 9. played a little with the new operator and it looks awesome... still need to dive into its new mod matrix. corpus crushes my cpu, but that's how my computer normally handles physical modeling. overall, if they can get the bugs out, i'll probably buy in

Pwncall Member

Postby Gostek » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:53 pm

Damn, i can't get it:( I'm pretty pissed, coz i've got 7
duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby xTxRxAxVxIxSx » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:42 pm

The new warping scheme looks amazingly useful. I can't wait to get my hands on this, just for that really.

Nothing else really interested me. :P

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:31 am

Well beta ended on the 10th. I have an ableton user group meeting next week and Huston from Ableton will be there showing it off. I was so busy I didn't really get to dive into 8 as much as I wanted. I really liked the new warping. I gave some of the new devices a quick whirl and was having a lil fun with the vocoder. The ring modulator could be fun too once I can sit and fiddle with it for awhile. I really want to spend some time with the limiter and multiband EQ.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby rokhausen » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:17 pm

hey, live 8's out...

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:32 pm

Yea they sprung that on me yesterday. I wish the APC 40 would come out already so I can get em both and get to having fun. Hopefully they did a lot of work on 8 cause the beta was crashing ALOT.

Supah No0b

Postby allan » Sat May 16, 2009 11:06 pm

hey, i have ableton live 6.0.5 which came with a synth i bought and its wayy hard to use. any tips on how to make some breakcore beats?

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Sun May 17, 2009 12:29 am

I never used 6 since I went from 5 to 7. 7 introduced the drum rack feature and that made life lots better for cutting and chopping beats and stuff. I'd just recommend upgrading live 8 or seeing if you could upgrade your "lite" version which usually comes with instruments.

N0oO0obZoR

Postby Manow » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:29 pm

After trying reason and renoise , i sticked a bit to renoise but , since a month ago i downloaded the cracked version of Ableton 8(i'm bad i'm bad...just don't got that much cash yet to buy a legal one xD) and ever since i started with a project ,which is becoming my first tune ever in creating stuff , and i can tell you i really really like Ableton 8.
Gives me such a open minded feeling that i can let my thoughts put it right into some trash music(Vst's don't work in the crack somehow, but hey it's cracked so i gotta be glad anyway).
It just fits great for me!
Hope to be able to present my first tune soon :D (however i just created 1 minute or so)

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 pm

I'm hoping there will be an update within a week (least thats what an ableton guy tells me) to fix some pesky bugs. Other than that I'm having a blast finishing up my new effects rack. I need to really spend some time with the vocorder.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby rokhausen » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:24 am

i'm really loving the new vocoder... very strong! the quality kicks the hell out of so many other soft vocos i've played with and the interface is really direct without a lot of bs, nice routing/tracking/quality options too... the pitch tracking feature can lead to some pretty wacky results :lol: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) being able to choose the number of filters in the bank is great too.

as i'm typing this i realized that firefox's spellchecker contains no entry for "vocoder"

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:05 am

Well I'll be damned there IS an update 8.0.3 I think it is. Go get it!

God I hope it will fix this major problem I'm having with VST's right now. Seems if I load an older set I get all sorts of pop up errors. I really need to finish these tracks up for release.

Be back shortly since I'm DLing the update now.

(edit)

Back and it seems like 8 still HATES my vst's. Upon searching the boards I found a long list of VST's and problems. Ohhhh boy! Looks like I may have to go back to 7 to make tracks and finish stuff and stick with 8 for DJing.

Next

Return to Software