coming soon: max/msp for ableton live

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Maximum Pwnrdrive

coming soon: max/msp for ableton live

Postby rokhausen » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:54 pm

Cycling ’74 and Ableton today announced Max for Live, the integration of Cycling '74's Max/MSP environment into Ableton Live. Available as an add-on product to Ableton's newly announced Live 8, Max for Live permits users to create devices that extend and customize Live by creating instruments, controllers, audio effects, and MIDI processors.

http://tinyurl.com/7fmdjs

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:04 pm

Fuccccck I'm having an ableton overload today. Ableton 8, this, share and akai APC40 controller for it! I have a ableton user group meeting next week and I'm bout to gush already!

http://www.ableton.com/extend

Damn wish I new max/msp a bit and could afford both ableton 8 and ableton max.

Pwncall Member

Postby s-n-s » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:00 pm

well it wont be part of ableton live 8,but you can buy it as a "side-product"

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:46 pm

s-n-s wrote:well it wont be part of ableton live 8,but you can buy it as a "side-product"

Yea it won't come out till later in 09 also. Still no pricing plan on it either, last time I checked. Still neat that you'll be able to share, trade, DL stuff you make and others do too like REAKTOR.

The APC40 will have the same thing with its mod files, so you can download configurations people make for the APC40's and put up to share. If you have both max live and the APC40, you can share both and make custom modules in live to work with the APC40. I think it comes with a few examples like a module to make the APC40 run like a step sequencer.

Pwner

Postby DISEMBOWELLED » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:15 pm

looks crazy! first the collab with scratch, and now this... seriously looks like before long ableton will be the definitive audio program..

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby rokhausen » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:31 am

it's september already... CMON

the cycling expo youtubes have me all in a lather!

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:26 am

I think its the cycle74 people who are holding things up. I heard long ago that the thing was finished, but they wanted to do some changes at the last minute or something about the look or something minor.

N0oO0obZoR

Postby abel » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:09 am

i dont understand anything in max msp, but if someone would be so nice to make a patch for a sequencer for the korg nanokontrol? its got a perfect row of buttons to implicate as a 2x8 sequencer, could be nice for doing minimal techno, since youve got 4 scenes this could be 4 various instruments and the rest for tweaking. gosh, lots of ideas, i just dont know how to make it!!1!

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:36 am

abel wrote:i dont understand anything in max msp, but if someone would be so nice to make a patch for a sequencer for the korg nanokontrol? its got a perfect row of buttons to implicate as a 2x8 sequencer, could be nice for doing minimal techno, since youve got 4 scenes this could be 4 various instruments and the rest for tweaking. gosh, lots of ideas, i just dont know how to make it!!1!

There maybe already one. I was watching a video the other night with one of the monome guys using ableton, max and his monome to perform. Goto the monome site and see which pluggo's he used.

I just got max for live the other night. Lucky me, my GOD DAMN job won't let me have a day off so I can really dive into it. I did do a quick play thru of some of the pluggo plugins and really enjoyed what I heard and seen.

I'm excited!

Return to Software