Hating On FL?

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Breakcore Member

Postby aerick » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:43 pm

HORSE FORCE wrote:^take it easy on the guy, you were once a n00b too. at least his gif is way cooler than that toddler toy that you have

i am a noob, dude! xD
btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNLcwqUOXfQ U have no idea! :twisted:

Hardcore Member

Postby killstablo » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:20 pm

rokhausen wrote:
... the shoddier the gui, the faster i can work it seems.

I'm with you on that. thats why i love making waves audio. started using that shit when i was 13. its so much easier being able to concentrate on things

maybe im just retarded tho :oops:
Killstablo - evil ink

CoreCore Member

Postby VTJHAYV » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:49 pm

aerick wrote:
HORSE FORCE wrote:^take it easy on the guy, you were once a n00b too. at least his gif is way cooler than that toddler toy that you have

i am a noob, dude! xD
btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNLcwqUOXfQ U have no idea! :twisted:

Korean version is so much better. In the end, I Love Ramen beats their ass, though. :roll:

Breakcore Member

Postby aerick » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:02 pm

but i love eggs and i like to get my ass beaten =(

CoreCore Member

Postby VTJHAYV » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:17 pm

but i love eggs and i like to get my ass beaten =(

Everybody loves a good ass beatin' every now and then. Just make sure to have enough lubrication!

Pwner

Postby phleg » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:27 pm

me is FL user since 2004 untill present...never get bored, and always found a new technique everyday... :)

@ aerick
funny avatar you got there! :wink:

Hardcore Member

Postby Funkicker » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:25 pm

i started out using FL, and it's decent, but some stuff (like the mixer!) absolutely sucks,
so mixing has to be done in another program, also manual dynamics aren't very precise
(although few drumcomputers will beat that)
also, automations seem very limited to me, the program seems to change the sound unasked, and most importantly, there is a huuuuge lack of control

so the first time i tried a different program i ditched FL (except for some of the filters which i still like a fair bit)

Supah No0b

Postby palimarian » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:43 pm

I'm still pretty new to the whole making music thing, but I started with FL 6 and spent some time with it. However, when I got into Renoise, I ditched FL. I don't think this improved my 'skills' or whatever, it's just that I find Renoise to be more suitable for my needs (slicing samples/beats etc.)

Elite!

Postby cuttingagent » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:29 am

VTJHAYV wrote:I checked the settings, I played with buffer length and all I achieved was more crackling. I noticed a correlation between lowering the buffer length and the density of crackling. Sort of pseudo-empirical studies.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! my keen deduction skills suggest that given what you've told me, perhaps you should try raising it! Elementary, my dear [DAW]son!

okay so the buffer length is how long it takes between pressing 'play' and it actually playing. this gives the computer the time to process what it needs to to play correctly. the more crap you have running, the more processing time you need. kinda like streaming a video. if you have it set at max and it still crackles, time to upgrade. i'm sure it must be hard to use a program in a different language though, so i'm not hatin'...

anyway, as much as i defend FL as an adequate as any DAW, there are of course a million things about it that piss me off. but i'm sure something about reaktor would piss me off just as well. as far as FL haters go, they god damn well better be using some awesomely impossible to use monstrous app that does any damn thing you could ever want to sound, instead of what they use which is usually something that gives you the exact same results but has a slightly more difficult interface.
([agent.)]

Elite!

Postby cuttingagent » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:35 am

MarkyPoo wrote:When It Comes To Sample Based Music It's Not Allllll 'Bout Dem Samplez. (IMO) More About What You Are Using To Cut Them And Stretch Them. Every Other Software I Have Used I Have Had A Way Harder Time To Come Close To The Sample Cutz I Could Get Wiff Edison And Da Slicer. Granulizer Works Really Well For Stretching The Fuck Out Of Hits And Stuff It Allows Me To Do Alot Of Things Alot Of Samplers Can't Do (Making Synths Out Of Snares Etc) And If You Don't Fuck The Stretching Shit It Works As A Plane Ol' Samples.
I've Never Had CPU Problems With Fl.

I Guess The Point Of This Post Was To Find Out Why So Many People Rave About Other Software But Frown On Fruity Loopz.

synths outta snares: for starters pitch it up and use reverb or delay, add distortion at will. continue fucking around. also, the quality of your syth really depends on what snare you made out of. now try it with the 808 cowbell =)
([agent.)]

Previous

Return to Software